Stats processing to give graphical time-series output

Has anyone already come up with a good way to process the summary stats from rclone.log into graphical format? I'm running backup jobs that run for multiple days (slowish ISP upload speed). I'm interested to see the effect of tuning parameters such as --transfers=.

I was thinking to read (or tee) the logfile output through a script to produce a time-series chart.

rclone v1.59.2
- os/version: raspbian 9.13
- os/kernel: 4.19.66+ (armv6l)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: arm
- go/version: go1.18.6
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Writing to BackBlaze B2.

I made a Python script to pull the date/time and the Transferred: stats out of a human-readable rclone.log. Maybe I should have tried the JSON log output, or the --stats-one-line-date instead, but this seems to work.

TODO: check how rclone treats timestamps with the computer's locale; at the moment it's easy in UK winter time.
Realtime time-series views might be better done via the new GUI web app, or Jupyter Notebook, or Google Data Studio etc.

I just saw some parts of the code have a "remote stats" feed e.g. to Prometheus .. are there docs on that?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.