Speed up upload speed of mounted drive

Entered the subject

I have a server that has access to a 500/500Mbps internet connection. On this server, I installed a small Plex server. Also, I download a lot of torrents. I learned about Google TeamDrives and wanted to give it a try. I have already upload all my data to Google Drive using rClone and it was perfect (about 4.74Tb of data for 5561 files so about 0.85Gb each file) ! Now I would like to be able to add new content to my Plex server. So I am using QBitTorrent under the recommendation of someone on this same forum. I use the "Keep incomplete torrent in" feature which allows me to upload my torrent files to the cloud only when they have been completely downloaded.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

So far, so good, everything is working. But, I find the upload speed of the "mount" function very slow. I barely get 2-8 MBytes/s when the file is fully downloaded and therefore uploaded to the cloud. I can download up to (30-50 MBytes/s) without any trouble (using windows explorer on the mounted drive) and with the "copy" and "sync" command I achieve fast upload speed (20-40 MBytes/s), but with the "mount" command trying to upload with QBitTorrent or Windows explorer I only get 2-8 MBytes/s. I would like this transfer to be fast since I would like to have the smallest delay between the moment of download and the moment of availability on my Plex server.

So, I would like to know if there would be a way to accelerate this type of data transfer?

Otherwise, what other solution would allow me to keep the possibility of remaining in seed on the torrents, and use the command "copy" or "move" to quickly transfer my completed torrents files to the a specific location according to each torrent.

e.g.
If I download the TV show "White Collar" season 3 I would like it to go into "/TV Shows/White Collar/ Season 3" which I currently manage to do manually when adding the torrent to QBitTorrent. But if I download the movie "The.Photograph" I would like it to go into "/Movies".

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.54.1
- os/arch: windows/amd64
- go version: go1.15.8

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

• Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits
  • Intel® Core™ i5-7400 Processor
  • 2 x 16Gb RAM Total of (32Gb RAM)
  • 256GB SSD boot drive
  • 2 x 4TB
  • 1 x 3TB
  • 1 x 2TB

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive (TeamDrive)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount DecryptedDrive1User1: P:

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[EncryptedDrive1User1]
type = drive
client_id = !SECRETE!
client_secret = !SECRETE!
scope = drive
chunk_size = 256M
stop_on_upload_limit = true
stop_on_download_limit = true
server_side_across_configs = true
team_drive = !SECRETE!
root_folder_id = 
token = !SECRETE!

[DecryptedDrive1User1]
type = crypt
remote = EncryptedDrive1User1:Plex
password = !SECRETE!
password2 = !SECRETE!

Really sorry if this topic has been covered previously, but I searched the forum a lot before resolving to write my own post.

And, sorry for my bad english, I'm french.... This text will be hidden

hello and welcome to the forum,

most bittorrent clients can run a script after a file has been downloaded.
so write a script that will move the file from the server to gdrive using rclone move

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for your quick response.

I just did a little research on this subject, without success. So I would like to know which torrent client supports this kind of operation. Also, I would like to know if I will lose the ability to choose the save location for each torrent individually if I use this solution.

And still, wouldn't it be easier to simply fix the upload speed problem of the rclone mount command instead (I would prefer to introduce the least custom code in the operations to avoid multiplying the failing cause) ?

Or this command just cannot be improved?

If that's the truth, would you be able to give me a hint about how to process this upgrade?

Hi,

I still have not found a solution to my problem. If anyone have a solution to this problem, please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

1. try adding --vfs-cache-mode writes to the rclone mount command, as that will use a local cache, might get better results.

rclone will not do this for you. you are going to have to find another solution.
most, if not all, bittorrent clients can run a script after the download completes, so write script that will move the files where you want

i think that some use software like sonnar/raddrr, but i know nothing about it
https://github.com/animosity22/homescripts

https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/7e9rwv/best_way_to_setup_plex_w_sonarr_radarretc_on_a/

Thanks,

Your local cache solution solves my problem, thanks to it, my local "GDrive" directory believes that the torrents files are in the cloud even if they are not yet in the cloud. So the transfer can be slow, it doesn't matter to me as long as it takes place. For my part, I am happy. I quickly see the torrent files on my Plex server. However, I followed the instructions from this link because I read that it could be problematic with the cache if the contents of the "GDrive" was decrypted before being hidden see this link for more information.

Here's what my setup looks like now:

[EncryptedDrive1User1]
type = drive
client_id = !Secret!
client_secret = !Secret!
scope = drive
chunk_size = 256M
stop_on_upload_limit = true
stop_on_download_limit = true
server_side_across_configs = true
team_drive =!Secret!
root_folder_id = 
token = !Secret!

[CacheDrive1User1]
type = cache
remote = EncryptedDrive1User1:Plex
chunk_size = 10M
chunk_total_size = 800G

[DecryptedDrive1User1]
type = crypt
remote = CacheDrive1User1:
password = !Secret!
password2 = !Secret!

And here is the command I run for "mount":

rclone mount DecryptedDrive1User1: P: --vfs-cache-mode writes --cache-dir "F:\CacheFolderRclone"

Thank you again for your help.

i have never used the cache remote so i cannot give any help with that except to point on out that

the cache remote has been depreciated, has known bugs that will never be fixed and never left beta status.
https://rclone.org/cache/#status
and
https://rclone.org/cache/#windows-support-experimental
"There are a couple of issues with Windows mount functionality that still require some investigations. It should be considered as experimental"

unless you are 1000% sure, i would remove that and use use --vfs-cache-mode full

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.