Sonarr + Radarr configuration?

Hiya. I'm looking for help on using Sonarr and Radarr with rclone. Any examples of mounts people can point me to? I'm finding Sonarr and Radarr to run slow while searching through folders and files.

What version are you using?
What backend are you using?
What mount command are you using?

What's slow mean?

1 Like

Sonarr: Tested in v2 and v3.
Radarr: latest branch
rclone: latest branch

Docker with Synology. CPU and memory usage appear normal in Synology and Docker.

rclone mount --config /var/services/homes/abc/rclone/rclone.conf --allow-other --dir-cache-time 129h --drive-chunk-size 128M --log-level INFO --log-file /var/services/homes/abc/rclone/rclone.log --umask 002 --vfs-read-chunk-size 100M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off gdrive: /var/services/homes/abc/rclone/mnt

Importing takes ages on either of these applications. It stays here for a very long time. I can't do more than 15 at a time without waiting much much longer.

By backend, I meant what are you connecting to. I'm guessing you are you using Google Drive based on your mount command.

What version of rclone are you using not Sonarr.

Did you make your own client ID/API key?

Can you share a log with -vv and the issue?

Importing, it has to analyze the file usually so that may take longer compared to a local mount. I imported roughly 150 TV shows in Sonarr and I have analyze off so it went rather quick.

I appreciate the help.


rclone v1.47.0


My latest configuration is resulting in Rate Limit Exceeded unfortunately which I just learned. The slowness has existed before this though. I'll report back I guess in 24h with anything new.

I have about 300 and also analyze off.

Can you share the log? Not sure why you'd wait for 24 hours.

If you are seeing rate limits, you might not be using your own key. A log file would help answer that.

--log-level INFO was enabled before. I only just now enabled --log-level DEBUG.

You were onto something regarding the rate limits. While I did generate my own key, I decided to refresh it. Debug didn't say it was incorrect or it was missing. I'm not really sure really but putting in a new client ID, secrect, and access quickly fixed this. Looks like Sonarr is importing much faster now.

Hope this helps someone in the future. Thanks again.

Yes, you need to run rclone config and enter it in and it will authorize the new key. If you copy/pate them just into the config, that won't work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.