Sonarr qBittorrent downloads aren't getting uploaded directly to Google Drive rclone mount, please help

I'm trying to set up Plex media server on a Hetzner VPS using rclone google drive mount. I'm only having around 30+ gigs of free space left.

I setup all the downloads to be temporarily downloaded to a temp folder on /Downloads and then the torrent files get moved to /home/Plexdrive - which is my rclone mount. I'm using Google Drive here.

My mount command is: rclone mount --allow-other --allow-non-empty -v plex: /home/plexdrive &

I was able to set this up somehow, whatever the X torrents files I manually add to qBittorrent were successfully getting downloaded and being moved to my Google drive using rclone mount without any issues. I'm doing using custom settings for "Torrent queuing" and "Seed ratio".

But I want to add "Sonarr" in my setup. As it'll be a hassle to manually add torrent magnet links all the time and rename the files/folders to work with Plex.

So I had portainer setup and installed "sonarr", for some reason my set up isn't working. Torrent files are uploading to Google Drive but they are not getting deleted in my local disk.

As I have limited storage, I need them deleted as soon as they are in the Google Drive. Can someone help me with this?

I'm only 1 week old to all these stuff (rclone, sonarr, plex with Google drive) - Been struggling to figure out what should I do from last 5 days.

I'll try to explain my sonarr setup, but any of you need any logs or something. Please guide me how to get them as I'm a noob at this stuff I can't easily get them.

Sonarr download path is: /downloads/PlexDrive/Movies

qBittorrent download path is: /downloads/PlexDrive/Movies
qBittorrent temp download folder is: /downloads/incomplete

This is where all the torrents are still staying, for example if the file is breaking bad pilot s01e01 rarbg --> on Google drive it's getting uploaded as Breaking Bad --> Season 1 --> S01E01 which is what I wanted, but my limited space is getting exhausted because they are not gone from /incomplete folder.

What should I do to remove the fix this? Please help and thanks in advance.

Step 1 would be to fill out the help and support template.

1 Like

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm trying to set up Plex media server on a Hetzner VPS using rclone google drive mount. But Sonarr qBittorrent downloads aren’t getting uploaded directly to Google Drive rclone mount

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.50.2

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.6

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount --allow-other --allow-non-empty -v plex: /home/plexdrive &

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[plex]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = 
team_drive = 
root_folder_id =

A log from the command with the -vv flag

https://pastebin.com/ZSiuxYuX

hello and welcome to the forum,

--- that version of rclone is many years old.
need to update to latest v1.57.0

--- Error 403: Rate Limit Exceeded, rateLimitExceeded
need to create client id as per the rclone documentation

--- ERROR : Movies/game.of.thrones.s08e06.720p.web.h264-memento[eztv].mkv: WriteFileHandle.Write: can't seek in file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes
need to use the vfs file cache, try --vfs-cache-mode=writes

Thanks for the reply. Will apt get update updates the rclone?

and... I'll try to add client id etc., values I'm new to this and don't know how to

--vfs-cache-mode=writes will this work on Linux, I tried this on Windows and was thinking it's only windows command

no. the only way to get latest stable rclone is
https://rclone.org/downloads/#script-download-and-install

that is something you must do, as per the rclone documenation for gdrive.

that is a flag, not a command, works on windows and linux.

I'm getting this error when I tried to add: --vfs-cache-mode=writes

Error:

root@portainer:~# rclone mount --allow-other --allow-non-empty -v --vfs-cache-mode=writes plex: /portainer/Downloads/PlexDrive
<6>INFO  : vfs cache: cleaned: objects 0 (was 0) in use 0, to upload 0, uploading 0, total size 0 (was 0)
mount helper error: fusermount: failed to access mountpoint /portainer/Downloads/PlexDrive: Transport endpoint is not connected
Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: fusermount: exit status 1
root@portainer:~# rclone mount --allow-other --allow-non-empty -v --vfs-cache-mode=writes plex: /portainer/Downloads/PlexDrive
<6>INFO  : vfs cache: cleaned: objects 0 (was 0) in use 0, to upload 0, uploading 0, total size 0 (was 0)
mount helper error: fusermount: failed to access mountpoint /portainer/Downloads/PlexDrive: Transport endpoint is not connected
Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: fusermount: exit status 1

can you please help?

--- is there a specific reason to add --allow-non-empty ?
--- make sure there is not another rclone running in the background.
--- try fusermount -uz /portainer/Downloads/PlexDrive

Thanks this helped fusermount -uz /portainer/Downloads/PlexDrive

--allow-non-empty - I removed this, I don't know what this does, I just added it because I was following a YouTube video.

Now --vfs-cache-mode=writes is working and my sonarr torrents are directly getting downloaded into Google Drive folder.

But few more problems:

1. The actual storage left on my Ubuntu VPS was 68 GB and it's getting consumed. I want the download directly onto Google drive and no storage of my VPS is consumed.

2. Sonarr is unable to rename or organize the TV Series into folders/seasons

Can you please help?

1. with qbittorrent, download to local, then rclone move the file to gdrive.
    do not use rclone mount.
    that way, not using the rclone vfs file cache.
  2. follow this guide

Thanks. But my local storage is only 68 gigs which means I need the downloads to go to google drive as soon as they are downloaded and my local storage gets freed for next torrent to work.

I got this setup going using torrent queueing and /temp download folder for incomplete downloads on qBittorrent which is working as I wanted to but the only thing is I had to manually add torrents with this process... sonarr isn't working.

and the guide link you shared looks too complicated for me to understand.

If it's not too much trouble, can I screen share with you and get help with my problem? I'm asking too much here, I know but trying to figure this out from many days... so desperate.

sorry, no can do.

Use a loop to rclone move local files to gdrive every few minutes. Problem solved.

Take the time to understand it. Everything is there.

Finally, don't use --allow-non-empty unless you know what you're doing and have a specific reason to use it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.