[SOLVED] Ftp sync do not retrieve .htaccess

I'm trying to backup a remote FTP directory (Linux) on my local HDD (Windows), but .htaccess files are not copied. I tried the following commands:

Command tried

.\rclone.exe --config F:\rclone_config_dir\rclone.conf sync remote_name:/ F:\dest_dir --include=".htaccess"
.\rclone.exe --config F:\rclone_config_dir\rclone.conf sync remote_name:/ F:\dest_dir --include ".htaccess"
.\rclone.exe --config F:\rclone_config_dir\rclone.conf sync remote_name:/ F:\dest_dir --include="{.htaccess}"
.\rclone.exe --config F:\rclone_config_dir\rclone.conf sync remote_name:/ F:\dest_dir --include "{.htaccess}"
.\rclone.exe --config F:\rclone_config_dir\rclone.conf sync remote_name:/ F:\dest_dir --include=".*"
.\rclone.exe --config F:\rclone_config_dir\rclone.conf sync remote_name:/ F:\dest_dir --include ".*"
.\rclone.exe --config F:\rclone_config_dir\rclone.conf sync remote_name:/ F:\dest_dir --include="{.*}"
.\rclone.exe --config F:\rclone_config_dir\rclone.conf sync remote_name:/ F:\dest_dir --include "{.*}"
.\rclone.exe --config F:\rclone_config_dir\rclone.conf sync remote_name:/ F:\dest_dir --include=".**"
.\rclone.exe --config F:\rclone_config_dir\rclone.conf sync remote_name:/ F:\dest_dir --include ".**"
.\rclone.exe --config F:\rclone_config_dir\rclone.conf sync remote_name:/ F:\dest_dir --include="{.**}"
.\rclone.exe --config F:\rclone_config_dir\rclone.conf sync remote_name:/ F:\dest_dir --include "{.**}"

There is no error message, and all the others files are successfully copied.

Rclone version

rclone v1.59.1
- os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 21H2 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 10.0.19044.1889 (x86_64)
- os/type: windows
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.18.5
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: cmount

rclone.conf

[remote_name]
type = ftp
host = host.tld
user = username
pass = my_obscured_password
no_check_certificate = true
disable_epsv = true
disable_mlsd = true
disable_utf8 = true
encoding = Slash,BackSlash,Del,Ctl,RightSpace,Dot,SquareBracket

When running the command with log enabled, all files are excluded (since they are already downloaded) and .htaccess are not listed.

EDIT FOR POSTERITY

The LIST command seems to be a problem listing some files, so use disable_mlsd = true prevents the use of a command that solves this problem.

hello and welcome to the forum,

what happens when using another app, such as filezilla

Hello,

The problem wasn't occurring with another ftp client, that was clearly a configuration mistake. I'm new to rclone, that's why I ask for help here since nothing appears about that in the man. I found myself and updated the first post.

Thank you!

could be a permissions issue,
perhaps the ftp user does not have permission to access .htaccess

The LIST command seems to be a problem listing some files, so use disable_mlsd = true was preventing the use of a command solving this problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.