Slow upload speeds to rclone serve sftp?

I'm using rclone serve sftp with a local folder as backend, for other people to upload stuff from me.

Using a dedicated server with 1 Gbps, same as mine. The upload speed is 50 mb/s... but should be at least 80-100 mb/s.

Any ideas?

Is it possible to use those sftp flags mentioned here:

We fixed the SSH backend to work around this problem but haven't tried to fix the server yet.

It is a problem for high bandwidth high latency links.

What is the ping time between the two servers?

The ping time is 25ms. I just became aware that he was using filezilla on windows to upload to me :man_facepalming:

Those flags there just got my attention, since they look useful for clients with large bandwidth uploading large files.

Take look at this answer I found also, it promises to be way faster than sftp while maintaining compatibility with it:

So not too big

I think Filezilla should be quite quick

BTW I think it is possible that the long fat pipe problem is fixed in the latest beta due to us trying to use the WriteTo interface if possible.

Rclone doesn't support SCP as a client or a server yet - it is a different protocol to SFTP. Maybe it should though - it is quite a simple protocol.

Rclone doesn't support SCP as a client or a server yet - it is a different protocol to SFTP. Maybe it should though - it is quite a simple protocol.

That answer talks about https://lftp.yar.ru/features.html which is compatible with sftp, and is much faster...

So you could use it to replace the client AND the server maybe? It would be much faster, while still being an "sftp" remote

I don't think it is written in Go so I can't integrate it into rclone if that is what you meant?

Did you try the beta?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.