Slow Plex Scanning

Im running Rclone v1.50.2 and anytime i upload something new to my team drive and ask plex to scan, it takes a really long time. If i upload a tv show with 20 episodes, it can take about 30 minutes to an hour to finish scanning. anytime i upload shows with over 100 episodes, it can take 2-4 hours to finish scanning. Is this a problem with my Rclone mount or is this normal? Any help would be appreciated.

I used this guide on reddit to help set up my mount. I dont use rclone browse.

How do you "ask" Plex to scan? Manually, via the "Scan Library Files" option?

yes, every time I upload something new I do it manually through the "scan library files" option.

That can be slower. Assuming you are using GDrive for Storage or Sonarr/Radarr for Importing, you need to look into integrating https://github.com/l3uddz/plex_autoscan into your setup.

It should really take a few seconds to scan a new media file in Plex.

You'd have to share more:

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

yes, i am using google drive for storage, but i import manually though the google drive website on firefox or chrome. Im using windows 10 and it looks like that is for Linux.

im not necessarily having a problem with rclone, its just that whenever I add new content to my google drive and scan my google drive library through plex, it can take a long time (as stated above) to finish the scan. I am using windows 10 64 bit and running rclone v1.50.2. im not running any command whatsoever, i simply import my files through the google drive website manually, and then i click the plex "scan library files" option. I was wondering if the slow plex scanning could have something to do with rclone?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.