Showing progress checking

Hi!!

There are some versions ago that I see that when I'm copying some files, if I use the -P Flag it shows.

Checking...
File 1
File 2

Tranferring:
File 1
File 2

The same files

Its all right? I think that older version doesnt show that Checking group

Thanks

I don't think that is abnormal. If there exists a file with the same name on the remote already then rclone has to check it to know whether to update it or not. Then if it decides it is an older version it will also transfer.

Copying a file that doesn't already exist will only require a transfer.

"Copying" a file that rclone determines does not need to be updated will just require a check (the transfer is skipped).

It sounds like in your case you are maybe updating many of your files, thus requiring both.

Are you experiencing any problems outside of not being sure about the statistics numbers?

Hi!!

Theres no file with the same name

Its Checking the file which Im uploading at that moment. And it shows Checking and transferring like there are the same thing.

You can see an example here: (It happens with rclone alone or with rclone browser)

2019/11/17 19:34:51 INFO :
Transferred: 86.266M / 1002.200 MBytes, 9%, 12.831 MBytes/s, ETA 1m11s
Errors: 0
Checks: 0 / 1, 0%
Transferred: 0 / 1, 0%
Elapsed time: 6.7s
Checking:

• testFile.mkv: 8% /1002.200M, 12.624M/s, 1m12s

Transferring:

• testFile.mkv: 8% /1002.200M, 12.624M/s, 1m12s

2019-11-17%2019_34_55-Rclone%20Browser

Then perhaps you are using hash-checking with --checksum?
In that case the hash will be calculated as it is being read through rclone and I believe that also will show up as a check. A lot of various operations go under that same umbrella.

I only check by size and modtime :frowning:

The checkers have been there forever but maybe there is something about your command line which is making them show up now.

Can you post your command line?

Yes! Of course :smiley:
That's the command that I use for transfer:

D:\rclone\rclone.exe move --verbose --transfers 4 --checkers 4 --contimeout 60s --timeout 300s --retries 1000 --low-level-retries 4 --drive-chunk-size 128M --drive-v2-download-min-size 500M --multi-thread-cutoff 100G --stats 1s D:\fileTest.mkv GD2:/FolderTest

Thanks. That doesn't look unusual...

What does rclone version say?

rclone v1.50.1

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.4

I managed to replicate this - it seems to only happen for rclone move.

Try this - it should stop the duplication

https://beta.rclone.org/branch/v1.50.1-055-ge0eeeaaf-fix-transfers-beta/ (uploaded in 15-30 mins)

Now it's working perfect!! :smiley:

Thanks for all your help :smiley:

1 Like

I've merged this to master now which means it will be in the latest beta in 15-30 mins and released in v1.51

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.