Should I use WSL2 or native Windows for syncing files from Windows 10 to BackBlaze B2

My data has always been on a Linux box where I've used rclone with a bash script I wrote to sync my files to BackBlaze B2.

For reasons, I am moving everything to a Windows 10 machine.

I know I can install rclone on Windows 10

Now I am trying to figure out how to do the syncing.

• I could re-create my sync script in batch or PowerShell but that is a lot of time/energy I'd rather not spend
  • My other thought was to run rclone from WSL2 and have it sync files from /mnt/c which would be the C: of my Windows machine.

Or, are there better ways to do this? Maybe better tools/scripts/GUIs for continuous syncing with rclone?

I changed your topic as you are not writing a how to guide but asking for support.

1 Like

hi,
can run bash command/script direct from windows command line
for example,

C:\Users\user01>bash -c "rclone version"
rclone v1.59.2
- os/version: ubuntu 20.04 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.10.102.1-microsoft-standard-WSL2 (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.18.6
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Hi Nachoman,

If you plan on staying on Windows, then I suggest spending the time/energy to learn Powershell at some point. It has better integration with Windows and can also be used on machines without WSL active.

Depending on your needs you could also consider using rclone mount.

I will check that out. But I might have to update my file paths in the script and I'd rather not spin cycles mucking with more coding.

I've been using Windows for a while and I know enough PowerShell to do basic things. This is the only use-case I have for a complex script and I could learn PS but I'd rather not if I can avoid it. I'd learn more PS, write this script, and never use it again. Heh.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.