Sharepoint integration automation

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

We are using rclone to synchronise multiple sharepoint (and teams) libraries and we want to automate the process. This means when a new site is added a script should add the new library dynamically. Unfortunaly when using the onedrive config (Microsoft OneDrive) a user will always need to give consent by opening the browser. This is of course not ideal from an admin perspective. Is there a way that we can use the application permissions, rather then the delegated one? As such we can just use the clientid/secret without the need for using the browser? Or is there an alternative config possible that will use azure ad client id/secret config?
(I know that the webdav option is an alternative, but that way of authentication is not preferred by the customer. We tried that route, but is blocked by a 'conditional acces' error.)

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.55.1

• os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.16.3
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: cmount

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 2019, 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Sharepoint Online

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

.\rclone.exe --config $configpath config create $rcloneConfigName onedrive --onedrive-client-id $client_id --onedrive-client-secret $client_secret --onedrive-auth-url $auth_url --onedrive-token-url $token_url

I think this is the same issue as this

Is this a feature your company might be interested in sponsoring? If so drop me an email nick@craig-wood.com

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.