Shared encrypted files not updating the unencrypted mounts

I have two Docker containers each running Rclone and each with the same config file:

[test]
type = local

[enc]
type = crypt
remote = test
password = x
password2 = _x

I run the same command on both from inside a docker volume:

cd /my-volume
rclone mount enc: /app/mount

The encrypted files in the volume are now in sync with each other, I,e. the content of /my-volume is the same on both containers, and when I change one the other changes too.

When I add a file in to /app/mount in one container it appears in the encrypted files (/my-volume') but does not appear in the other containers /app/mount. It seems like the /app/mount` needs to be refreshed to fetch the new encrypted files added. Is there a way to keep them in sync?

I have no reason to believe this is Docker related, but wanted to share the whole setup just in case.

rclone v1.59.0
- os/version: ubuntu 22.04 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.10.43-yocto-standard (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.18.3
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

It should appear after 5 minutes.

Check out the --dir-cache-time flag.

I guess the implications of this being very low is overhead? Is it significant, or is there little impact? That said, I guess this also rules out using this method for shared files, such as a database?

Set it as low as you need, it will make hardly any difference for non network backends.

Unlikely your be able to make a db work without VFS cache, and sharing the file won't work.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.