Shared directories in mega not accessible

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Hello.
I can't access or list directories and containing files of own mega drive as soon as they are shared with others.
Everything works as expected as long as directories are not shared. Once shared, they are not even listed by "rclone lsf Karl:". Problem persists even after share is revoked.
What I tried to solve the problem:
I checked with mega-cmd, directories are accessible. I read the docs, searched the forum and web. Since I couldn't find anything related I guess I'm missing something essential.
I'm glad to see this project having a lively community. Thank you for your efforts and thank you in advance for any help.

edit: choosing "https" or not in config didn't give different results

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.62.2
- os/version: debian 11.6 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.10.0-21-amd64 (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.20.2
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Mega

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone lsf Karl:

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[Karl]
type = mega
user = x@x.x
pass = x
debug = true
use_https = true

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2023/03/29 11:39:25 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.62.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "--log-file=FILE" "lsf" "Karl:" "-vv"]
2023/03/29 11:39:25 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "Karl:"
2023/03/29 11:39:25 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/user/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2023/03/29 11:39:26 DEBUG : *go-mega*: couldn't decode FSNode mega.FSNode{Hash:"nEgQTCpJ", Parent:"vdxVUb4K", User:"WmIYwWPjO8M", T:1, Attr:"gc0GPeAyHNouseYR6_xAQChYMnyqcYwr8JE9U0B7Hu8", Key:"nEgQTCpJ:uhlbN9jj1Zl6FS4wSB3oHw", Ts:1676956806, SUser:"WmIYwWPjO8M", SKey:"", Sz:0}: couldn't find decryption key for shared file 
2023/03/29 11:39:26 DEBUG : *go-mega*: Waiting for events to be finished for 5s
2023/03/29 11:39:26 DEBUG : *go-mega*: pollEvents: Parsing event "ua": {"a":"ua","st":"H!)bWU","u":"MU68lvVlYsY","ua":["^!stbmp"],"v":["pSngcNWO21o"]}
2023/03/29 11:39:26 DEBUG : *go-mega*: Signalling events received
2023/03/29 11:39:26 DEBUG : *go-mega*: Events received
2023/03/29 11:39:26 ERROR : : Entry doesn't belong in directory "" (same as directory) - ignoring
2023/03/29 11:39:26 ERROR : : Entry doesn't belong in directory "" (same as directory) - ignoring
2023/03/29 11:39:26 DEBUG : 9 go routines active

I think this is a known issue: [MEGA]: Allow to see the shared folders in ls / mount · Issue #5814 · rclone/rclone · GitHub

The mega protocol isn't documented - the library rclone uses was reverse engineered from the Mega C++ SDK so is missing lots of features.

Not the answer I was hoping for but nonetheless helpful. Thank you for your fast reply! I guess I'll have to find a workaround then since I'm dependent on mega in this case.
The problem: I have to sync a shared mega folder with another remote. Preferably one way synced with mega being master, mega-cmd doesn't allow for that. Right now it's possible to use the backup function but the mega is growing so fast that I will not be able to handle the transfer in near future decently.
If anyone has an idea, throw me a bone. I'm happy for everything shared.

You can use mega-cmd to run a webdav server and use rclone with that. Lots of mega users do that. It has its own pros and cons but it should work around the shared folder problem.

ha! I will give it a try. You guys are awesome. Not what I'm used to unfortunately.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.