Setup help new windows install

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

No problem just setup advice, I have a gdrive crypt mounted on windows for the use of plex, sonarr, deluge etc. I have a local 8tb drive I wanted to merge with the cloud store so that items first landed there and then when at certain intervals I would run a move script, I had this all working on Linux but since I've moved to Windows I can't seem to get it, I've tried using Union to map the remote and local folders and shows changes if I set a low cache time but my sonarr for example added media straight to gdrive and not locally at the union folder.

I don't have access to all the config at moment but will add tomorrow. Just looking for any advice. Might be easier to run up some linux vms at this rate and pass shared folders in but there must me a way. So any advice on a proper plex, sonarr setup on windows would be much appreciated.

Thanks

hi,
do not have a direct answer but can use WSL to run the linux stuff on your windows host.

I think the unless my settings can be helped then my network might be too slow for a local server, until recently I've had a remote server with gigabit Internet speeds so plex had no issue getting the media to transcode and send down to my network. Speed test shows 40Mbps down while ppl are active so maybe abit higher. So ideally I'd would think that's enough :thinking: I will have to dig into my settings.

Edit

Speed test is showing 70Mbps so more than enough for playback of a couple of streams. I may eventually decide to keep 4k locally but just need to get it working better at the moment

config

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = ***
client_secret = ***
scope = drive
root_folder_id = ***
token = ***
team_drive = 

[gdrive-crypt]
type = crypt
remote = gdrive:/media
password = ***
password2 = ***

[gdrive-local-merge]
type = union
upstreams = gdrive-crypt: C:\Storage\Local

C:\Storage\Local is an 8tb ntfs drive mounted to a folder.

Mount command

C:\Rclone\rclone.exe mount gdrive-local-merge: C:/Storage/Media --config=C:\Rclone\rclone.conf --log-level=INFO --log-file=C:\Rclone\logs\rclone-mount.log --user-agent=*** --timeout=5m --dir-cache-time=5m --cache-dir=C:\Rclone\cache\gdrive --vfs-cache-mode=full --vfs-cache-max-size=300G --vfs-cache-max-age=5000h 

i had to set dir-cache-time low to see any new media that appears on local within my media location that emby uses.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.