Setting up mount on windows 10 64bit

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

im trying to mount my mega folder to be accessible on windows (i have config it as the name mega)

I am lost how to "mount" this so its visable on windows and particularly for radarr and sonarr

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

1.55 latest windows

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

windows 10 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

mega

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

This is the command i am trying to work out (i know in linux it would be mkdir /home/hhh/mega then
rclone mount mega: /home/hhh/mega and the flags i need but i am unsure how to get this right on windows 10

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

Start with a simple command, pick one of these:

Mount to next free drive letter:

rclone mount mega: *

Mount to specific unused drive letter:

rclone mount mega: X:

Mount to directory path, where parent must exist:

rclone mount mega: C:\path\parent\mount

Mount to UNC path, which is just another way of doing rclone mount * --volname \\cloud\remote

rclone mount mega: \\cloud\remote

(examples from rclone mount docs)

best to mount to a folder. there are a few reasons for that.

mkdir c:\path\to\mount\
rclone mount mega: C:\path\to\mount\mega

so literally the same as mounting process etc in linux?

well, not exactly.

on linux, each time, must create the mount folder and then rclone mount into that folder.

on windows, the root folder for the rclone mount must exist, so that needs to be done once, never again

after that root folder is created, you can create as many mounts as you want.
rclone mount mega: C:\path\to\mount\mega
rclone mount gdrive: C:\path\to\mount\gdrive
rclone mount remote: C:\path\to\mount\remote

do i need the flags i would normally use in linux as well?

thanks just setting this up because radarr hates me using netdrive3 to mount my mega as network drive.

well, it depends on the exact command.

post your linux command and we can tweak it.

rclone mount mega: /home/hhh/mega --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 10G --allow-other

--allow-other does nothing on windows.

no worries so make it this?

rclone mount mega: /home/hhh/mega --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 1G

and tweak the folders to path to mount

tweak the folders and try the command.

have done that.

so i did the mount command but nothing is showing up in the folder path?

well, i cannot see into your machine.
so add -vv for debug output and post the output.

try to make it look like this, by use three backticks before and after the text

2021/04/23 09:34:06 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\\data\\rclone\\scripts\\rclone.conf"
2021/04/23 09:34:06 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.55.0" starting with parameters ["C:\\data\\rclone\\scripts\\rclone.exe" "copy" "C:\\Users\\user01\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\kdbx\\zip\\kdbx.20210423.093405.7z" "wasabi01:en07/kdbx/zip/backup" "--stats=0" "--fast-list" "--backup-dir=wasabi01:en07/kdbx/rclone/archive/20210423.093405" "--log-level=DEBUG" "--log-file=C:\\data\\rclone\\logs\\kdbx_quick_wasabi_zip\\20210423.093405\\rclone.log"]
2021/04/23 09:34:06 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "C:\\Users\\user01\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\kdbx\\zip\\kdbx.20210423.093405.7z"
2021/04/23 09:34:06 DEBUG : fs cache: adding new entry for parent of "C:\\Users\\user01\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\kdbx\\zip\\kdbx.20210423.093405.7z", "//?/C:/Users/user01/AppData/Local/Temp/kdbx/zip"
2021/04/23 09:34:06 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "wasabi01:en07/kdbx/zip/backup"
2021/04/23 09:34:06 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "wasabi01:en07/kdbx/rclone/archive/20210423.093405"
2021/04/23 09:34:06 DEBUG : kdbx.20210423.093405.7z: Need to transfer - File not found at Destination
2021/04/23 09:34:06 INFO  : S3 bucket en07 path kdbx/zip/backup: Bucket "en07" created with ACL "private"
2021/04/23 09:34:07 DEBUG : kdbx.20210423.093405.7z: MD5 = 1da4ff6c59a0c9810fdf33b495bd36d0 OK
2021/04/23 09:34:07 INFO  : kdbx.20210423.093405.7z: Copied (new)
2021/04/23 09:34:07 DEBUG : 7 go routines active

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.264]
(c) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd c:\rclone

c:\rclone>rclone mount mega: C:\hhh\mega\mount --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 1G --vv
Error: unknown flag: --vv
Usage:
rclone mount remote:path /path/to/mountpoint [flags]

Aliases:
mount, cmount

Flags:
--allow-non-empty Allow mounting over a non-empty directory. Not supported on Windows.
--allow-other Allow access to other users. Not supported on Windows.
--allow-root Allow access to root user. Not supported on Windows.
--async-read Use asynchronous reads. Not supported on Windows. (default true)
--attr-timeout duration Time for which file/directory attributes are cached. (default 1s)
--daemon Run mount as a daemon (background mode). Not supported on Windows.
--daemon-timeout duration Time limit for rclone to respond to kernel. Not supported on Windows.
--debug-fuse Debug the FUSE internals - needs -v.
--default-permissions Makes kernel enforce access control based on the file mode. Not supported on Windows.
--dir-cache-time duration Time to cache directory entries for. (default 5m0s)
--dir-perms FileMode Directory permissions (default 0777)
--file-perms FileMode File permissions (default 0666)
--fuse-flag stringArray Flags or arguments to be passed direct to libfuse/WinFsp. Repeat if required.
-h, --help help for mount
--max-read-ahead SizeSuffix The number of bytes that can be prefetched for sequential reads. Not supported on Windows. (default 128k)
--network-mode Mount as remote network drive, instead of fixed disk drive. Supported on Windows only
--no-checksum Don't compare checksums on up/download.
--no-modtime Don't read/write the modification time (can speed things up).
--no-seek Don't allow seeking in files.
--noappledouble Ignore Apple Double (._) and .DS_Store files. Supported on OSX only. (default true)
--noapplexattr Ignore all "com.apple.*" extended attributes. Supported on OSX only.
-o, --option stringArray Option for libfuse/WinFsp. Repeat if required.
--poll-interval duration Time to wait between polling for changes. Must be smaller than dir-cache-time. Only on supported remotes. Set to 0 to disable. (default 1m0s)
--read-only Mount read-only.
--vfs-cache-max-age duration Max age of objects in the cache. (default 1h0m0s)
--vfs-cache-max-size SizeSuffix Max total size of objects in the cache. (default off)
--vfs-cache-mode CacheMode Cache mode off|minimal|writes|full (default off)
--vfs-cache-poll-interval duration Interval to poll the cache for stale objects. (default 1m0s)
--vfs-case-insensitive If a file name not found, find a case insensitive match. (default true)
--vfs-read-ahead SizeSuffix Extra read ahead over --buffer-size when using cache-mode full.
--vfs-read-chunk-size SizeSuffix Read the source objects in chunks. (default 128M)
--vfs-read-chunk-size-limit SizeSuffix If greater than --vfs-read-chunk-size, double the chunk size after each chunk read, until the limit is reached. 'off' is unlimited. (default off)
--vfs-read-wait duration Time to wait for in-sequence read before seeking. (default 20ms)
--vfs-used-is-size rclone size Use the rclone size algorithm for Used size.
--vfs-write-back duration Time to writeback files after last use when using cache. (default 5s)
--vfs-write-wait duration Time to wait for in-sequence write before giving error. (default 1s)
--volname string Set the volume name. Supported on Windows and OSX only.
--write-back-cache Makes kernel buffer writes before sending them to rclone. Without this, writethrough caching is used. Not supported on Windows.

Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.

2021/04/24 22:31:11 Fatal error: unknown flag: --vv

c:\rclone>

screenshot of the folder and cmd window.

sorry, i meant to add this -vv

that looks ok to me

the mount is empty though? no files or folders in there which my cloud (mega) has in there.

i added the -vv flag

c:\rclone>rclone mount mega: C:\hhh\mega\mount --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 1G --vv
Error: unknown flag: --vv
Usage:
rclone mount remote:path /path/to/mountpoint [flags]

the flag for debug outpit is is -vv

and what is the output of rclone lsd mega: -vv