Service account creating root_folder_id

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Service Account Issue creating a root_folder_id

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)


Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone -vv --drive-impersonate lsf gdrive:
rclone -vv --drive-impersonate sync /data/folder gdrive:

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

I have found out the issue what seems to happen when using a service account it creates the root_folder_id = randomchars so when you try and impersonate another user the root_folder_id will have changed but it still has the previous one in there the only way around it is to delete the root_folder_id out of the conf folder every time mot really good as i used to use this to sync lots of user accounts to there own google drive.
thanks Keith

This is the same issue tracked on Github @ 4051

For now, the workaround is to add --drive-root-folder-id "" to your commands.

1 Like

No this is to do with when you use a service account it fills in the root_folder_id as you can't have a root of as next time you use it you get errors as it looks at the last impersonated user. This has only happed on latest release as works fine on older version as I have it running at 2 sites so won't update until it's fixed. I have not tried root_folder_id = "" will try this when I next get to site.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.