s it possible to use rclone and plex with 512mb of ram?

Hi.

I'm new to using rclone and I have it configured on my NAS and with plex. It seems that with the movies of less than 10Gb it goes more or less well but with the heaviest movies it gets hooked ... would it be possible to improve the reproduction?

This is the command I use to mount the unit, any suggestions to improve performance with 512mb of ram?

rclone mount gdrive: /var/services/homes/Dani/gdrive --allow-other --buffer-size 256M --dir-cache-time 96h --drive-acknowledge-abuse=true --drive-chunk-size 32M --drive-skip-gdocs --fast-list --timeout 1h --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 64M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off --umask 002

512M is not really going to be a great experience.

buffer-size 256M means you use 256M per file opened so that would probably blow up your machine pretty fast.

You should probably start with all the defaults minus dir-cache-time and umask that you have.

fast-list does nothing on a mount.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for answering. Could you tell me what the default values ​​are? How would the command be? I'm a little new to this.

Try something like that to start. You may need to further reduce the buffer size as you have very limited memory.

Default values for each parameter are documented here:

https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_mount/

1 Like

and the cache is that good?

[gcache]
type = cache
remote = gdrive:
plex_url = http://127.0.0.1:32400
plex_username = ******@gmail.com
plex_password = *** ENCRYPTED ***
chunk_size = 5M
chunk_total_size = 5T

with the default parameters I have more cuts than before

I wouldn't use cache at all.

1 Like

If I do not use cache, can not they ban me? with the default parameters I have more cuts than before

Not sure why you'd think that.

No idea what more cuts mean.

1 Like

I understood that cache was used to avoid bans from google. I mean that in the reproduction by plex I have more cuts than before

I still have no idea what a cut in plex is as I've never heard of it.

I have about 68TB that I use for Plex on my Google Drive for over a year without issues without using the cache backend.

1 Like

wuo 68tb !! Sorry, I followed a tutorial and I thought that the cache was mandatory ... even my problems of reproducing videos is the fault of that

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.