Run rclone rcd --rc-web-gui local path

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I wan to use the web gui stored in the rclone folder. This is helping me to store all I need on a usb stick .

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.58.0

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.19044.1586 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.17.8
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

All cloud storages

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-user=admin --rc-pass=admin ---rc-files="\webgui\current\build"

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

hi,
did not see a question.
what exactly do you need help with?

I need to run rclone --rc-web-gui using the rclone directory not the user\roaming folder.
I want to have the executable file in the same place with the web files.
Also if it is possible to update the local web page not the one stored in the roaming folder.

rclone is a portable app, can run it from any directory.

Yes, indeed , rclone is portable but the web GUI it is? How I should runt the rclone to use the web interface stored in the rclone root folder?

if you would use debug output, you would see the following output below

so download the .zip file onto the usb stick, extract the files and point --rc-files to that folder
and into the same folder, copy the rclone.exe and the config file.
the you should have a fully portable version of rclone.

DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.57.0" starting with parameters ["C:\\data\\rclone\\rclone.exe" "rcd" "--rc-web-gui" "--rc-no-auth" "-vv"]
ERROR : Error reading tag file at C:\Users\user01\AppData\Local\rclone\webgui\tag
DEBUG : Current tag: , Release tag: v2.0.5
INFO  : A release (v2.0.5) for gui is present at https://github.com/rclone/rclone-webui-react/releases/download/v2.0.5/currentbuild.zip. Use --rc-web-gui-update to update. Your current version is ()
NOTICE: A new release for gui (v2.0.5) is present at https://github.com/rclone/rclone-webui-react/releases/download/v2.0.5/currentbuild.zip
NOTICE: Downloading webgui binary. Please wait. [Size: 4763452, Path :  C:\Users\user01\AppData\Local\rclone\webgui\v2.0.5.zip]
NOTICE: Unzipping webgui binary

Thank I solved.
For those that will need the command is the following:

rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-user=admin --rc-pass=admin --rc-files="%CD%webgui\"

Where Webui is the file stored in the localuser\AppData\rclone\webgui

i thought you wanted to store everything on a usb stick?

Yes, on a USB stick share folder whatever , the %CD% it is pointing the path were the rclone.exe is running.
And to be more precise the command is the following:

rclone rcd --rc-user=admin --rc-pass=admin --rc-files="%CD%webgui\"

The --rc-web-gui is override by --rc-files

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.