Run dedupe and delete without going through the trash

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

When I run the dedupe and delete commands, it always creates a large number of files in the trash, and I always report an error when emptying the trash. I want to know how to delete the files without going through the trash when I run the dedupe and delete commands. , So as to achieve permanent deletion, similar to shift+delete in windows

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

debian 10

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone dedupe /rclone delete

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

--drive-use-trash=false

If you don't want rclone to trash files then you can use --drive-use-trash=false - it will just delete the files then.

As for emptying the trash it sometimes takes Google days to empty it.

There was a script posted recently to do it quicker either rclone if you search the forum.

Just be warned that if you turn off the trash the deleted files you acted on won't be in the change notify sure to a Google bug. So if you have other mounts or anyone relying on that, it won't know and won't expire the cache for those items.

I know that script, it is to enumerate all rclone accounts for clearing operations, but I have 20 google drvies that need to clear the trash. This script can only clear the team drvie set in the rclone account. Do I need to create 20 accounts, Then set different team drive ID, in order to the script be used to complete 20 team disk empty trash operations? It was a disaster

how to turn off the trash,How is this switch implemented,use "--drive-use-trash = false"?I am not sure if this label is applicable to “dedupe” and "delete" commend

In addition, I found the "rclone delete gc --drive-trashed-only --drive-use-trash=false --verbose=2 --fast-list" error message for this command is as follows. The rclone used by the gc account defaults client id and secret, using my own token, I don’t know which API quota is related to, how can I solve this error:
''
2020/06/13 23:30:12 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 1/10 (error googleapi: Error 403: User Rate Limit Exceeded. Rate of requests for user exceed configured project quota. You may consider re-evaluating expected per-user traffic to the API and adjust project quota limits accordingly. You may monitor aggregate quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/drive.googleapis.com/quotas?project=202264815644, userRateLimitExceeded)
2020/06/13 23:30:12 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, increasing sleep to 1.770183715s
2020/06/13 23:30:12 DEBUG : pacer: Reducing sleep to 0s
''

I didn't know that. We should probably put that plus a link to the bug in the limitations section of the drive docs.

That isn't an error - rclone retried the message successfully. You always get some of these on google drive.

Yes we should. I'll do a doc PR with the Google bug and our issue in it for tracking.

1 Like

In fact, I am still quite confused. Now I have 2 questions:

1. Whether it is the delete command or the cleanup command, is the trash drive of which team drive emptied is related to the team drive id of the corresponding account in rclone config?
  2. The empty trash command, 403api error appears, how should I solve it, how can I resume the normal empty operation?

Do team drives have their own trash separate from the users trash?

I wonder if rclone is doing the right thing here?

If try cleanup on a team drive with only a few things in three trash does it work?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.