Root folder ID for drive.google.com/drive/quota?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

cannot find root folder ID . I need to delete all files from drive.google.com/drive/quota . They don't seem to appear ANYWHERE else, yet are eating up my quote. Deleting 50 at a time from the web-interface is a pain as there are 100k+ files there ..

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone delete mydrive:

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

not required

A log from the command with the -vv flag

not required

The quota location isn't a folder. It's a query that shows everything that counts against your quota so they can be files in the trash or just general files.

You can empty the trash or figure out what you want to delete and delete it that way.

Like I mentioned, they are nowhere to be found .. not in "My Drive" , not in the Trash.

They only show up in the quota URL ..

If you click "Show file location" from the right click menu

It should give you a URL with the folder ID in it

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/Folder-ID?resourcekey=XXX

You should be able to use this as a root_folder_id in rclone...

The "Show File Location" option is greyed out ...

I guess I just have to go manual on this one as it seems to be a glitch in the file ownership system in my account :confused:

That is weird - sounds like a bug - how can you delete a file you can't access?

Unless it in an appfolder maybe?

This can happen when somebody shares a folder with you, you upload something there, and then the folder is unshared. Doing that you "lose" the file and it's quota, you only can delete it there, in Google Drive: Sign-in

I think this is fixed now and your files in a shared folder are automatically moved to My Drive root, and shared to the other person in the original shared folder

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.