Restoring directory issues

I am using rclone on Windows 7 x64. If i use this command to restore directory rclone copy remote:mydirectory/dir1 c: it will restore the content of the directory dir1 in the current directory i am, and not in c:.
If i use this command rclone copy remote:mydirectory/dir1 c:\ it will restore the content of directory dir1 in c:.
If i use the command rclone copy remote:mydirectory/dir1 c:\dir1 it will restore the directory as i want to restore it, but why rclone does not restore the whole directory and instead restores the content of the directory?

That is the way the copy operation (which is a subset of the sync operation) it makes one directory looks the same as another directory so the syntax is always rclone copy dir1 dir2 to add the contents of dir1 to the contents of dir2.

Ok, but why when i use only c: it copy the directory content not on c: but in the current directory i am in the terminal?

yes, that is expected behavior of windows/dos command line.

dir c: will output the contents in your current working directory
dir c:\ will output the contents in the root of c:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.