Remote's mount point folder permissions and ownership are displayed as: "?"

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm trying to create a service/systemd unit to automate the rclone's mounting process of my google drive storage in my machine. I created one and it's working, but when I check the permissions of the folder where I mounted (that is ~/Documents/google-drive) with "ls -l", all the permissions including owner and group info are displayed as "?"

And if I try to access it as root, it will display this: "bash: cd: google-drive: Transport endpoint is not connected".

From what I notice, it looks this happend only after i remove the --daemon flag, but even with the --daemon flag the permissions and ownership are "?". I wanna know how can I fix that so I can use the dolphin to access it, because since the folder (mount point)'s permissions are "?". It doesn't even appear in the folder, only via terminal.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.62.2

• os/version: arch (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 6.2.13-arch1-1 (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.20.2
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: none

Are you on the latest version of rclone?

Yes, version 1.62.2

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

First, this is the "rclonemount.service" I created in /etc/systemd/system/:

[Unit]
Description= Mounts the "gdrive" remote from rclone
After=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount gdrive:/ /home/henriquedelben/Documentos/google-drive --daemon --config=/home/henri>
ExecStop=/usr/bin/fusermount -u /home/henriquedelben/Documentos/google-drive/

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = 
client_secret = 
scope = drive
token = {
team_drive = 

A log from the command with the -vv flag

<6>INFO  : Starting bandwidth limiter at 90Mi Byte/s
<7>DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.62.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "mount" "gdrive:/" "/home/henriquedelben/Documentos/google-drive" "--daemon" "--config=/home/henriquedelben/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" "--bwlimit=90M" "--cache-writes" "--cache-workers=8" "--checkers=16" "--dir-cache-time=60m" "--cache-info-age=60m" "--drive-use-trash" "--poll-interval=10s"]
<7>DEBUG : rclone: systemd logging support activated
<7>DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "gdrive:/"
<7>DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/henriquedelben/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
<7>DEBUG : gdrive: detected overridden config - adding "{6Cm8i}" suffix to name
<7>DEBUG : gdrive{6Cm8i}: Loaded invalid token from config file - ignoring
<7>DEBUG : Saving config "token" in section "gdrive" of the config file
<7>DEBUG : gdrive{6Cm8i}: Saved new token in config file
<7>DEBUG : Google drive root '': 'root_folder_id = 0ANLRTqybKDeLUk9PVA' - save this in the config to speed up startup
<7>DEBUG : fs cache: renaming cache item "gdrive:/" to be canonical "gdrive{6Cm8i}:"
<7>DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.62.2" finishing with parameters ["/usr/bin/rclone" "-vv" "mount" "gdrive:/" "/home/henriquedelben/Documentos/google-drive" "--daemon" "--config=/home/henriquedelben/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" "--bwlimit=90M" "--cache-writes" "--cache-workers=8" "--checkers=16" "--dir-cache-time=60m" "--cache-info-age=60m" "--drive-use-trash" "--poll-interval=10s"]

When executing the above command it works, but it looks like when trying to create a .service that automates that process, it doesn't

After this command has been executed, the "df -h" outputs confirms it was successful:

gdrive{6Cm8i}:  100G   49G   52G  49% /home/henriquedelben/Documentos/google-drive

You need to use --allow-other or only the user running the mount can see it.

You really don't want forking and daemon.

My old Drive service file is here. You want to use notify with the service.

Update fusermount to fusermount3 as well.

I edited the /etc/fuse.conf to uncomment the "#user_allow_other" line and I also change the service type to "notify" but when I add the --allow-other flag, the journald logs return: "Fatal error: unknown flag: --alow-other".

The complete line of my ExecStart variable in the .service file is:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount gdrive:/ /home/henriquedelben/Documentos/google-drive --alow-other --config=/home/henriquedelben/.config/rclone/rclone.conf --bwlimit=90M --cache-writes --cache-workers=8 --checkers=16 --dir-cache-time=5000h --cache-info-age=60m --drive-use-trash --poll-interval=10s

It's --allow-other as you have a typo.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.