Recommended rclone mount settings for filebot

I need rclone mount google drive settings which is suitable for filebot .( For those who don't know , Filebot is a tool for organizing and renaming your Movies, TV Shows ) . I did searched for this topic on forum but all of the posts are regarding mount settings for a media server only , so asking it right here.

First off I don't think it is a good idea to just start using my rclone mount emby settings for filebot too . Here the aim is not media streaming but its different.. lemme highlight the main points which i am looking for

1. Filebot should be able to read and write properly to the rclone mount ( copy , move , delete , rename ). It should be able do to all of these without getting any permission errors )

2. Unlike the usual settings we use for plex/emby , there should be no caching of any sort . I mean each and every change that is done to the google drive remote should be reflected instantly in the mount ( or atleast as soon as possible as per google api )

3. i have noticed that typically rclone mount doesn't display duplicate folders .if there's a way or some flag in rclone using which we can have the duplicate folders displayed ,that would be great as i ideally need filebot to read the exact content of my google drive

rclone v1.53.1
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.15
- Ubuntu 20 

hello,

1. rclone will get permission errors only if you do not set the permissions correctly so not sure why think that would be a problem
  2. why not have multiple mounts pointing to the same remote, as i do that all the time.
    for my media files, i have two mounts.
    one mount for optimized for streaming/scanning with a cache, one mount for optimized for copying without a cache.
  3. local file systems to not support duplicates file names and duplicate folders names.
    how do you propose working around that limitation?
  1. gid , dir perms , file perms , umask, vfs cache writes !! Do i need to use any of these flags to give filebot proper read and write access to my drive mount ( copy , move , delete & rename )

2. Can you share the settings for the mount optimised for copying ?
    As far as i know , even the very basic rclone mount remote:/mnt will have some cache by default . I am not sure what all flags i should use with 0 as value

3. I didn't knew that was a local filesystem limitation , seems i will have to let go off this thing .i will manage the duplicates using drive web UI or drive app

1. do a simple test and see what happens.
  2. https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_mount/#vfs-cache-mode-off. default is off. try a mount with and without cache and see which one copies better for your situation. it depends on the local program doing the copying.
    whenever i can, i use rclone copy, not rclone mount
  3. google has a program that i think does mount or something equivalent, how does it deal with duplicates?

I do all my filebot renaming locally, unless I forget before upload or need to edit something later on. For those occasions, I use a normal read-write mount without any flags.

I keep mine real simple
rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode writes --allow-other

Filebot does it thing real nice with that

Thanks to all the suggestions here , i am currently using these settings .Seems to work well just there's one issue
It doesn't let me delete folders sometimes

Okey firstly here's the settings

rclone mount remote: /GD \
--log-file /home/ubuntu/rclone/rclone.log \
--log-level DEBUG \
--umask 002 \
--poll-interval 15s \
--vfs-cache-mode writes \
--allow-other

Whenever i am trying to delete any folder , the process fails and in rclone log - it returns an error .. here's the log

2020/11/17 03:29:03 ERROR : Source/Bulk/Source/Media/TV 34/Game of Thrones/: Dir.Remove failed to remove directory: directory not empty                                                   
2020/11/17 03:29:04 ERROR : Source/Bulk/Source/Media/TV 34/Game of Thrones/: Dir.Remove failed to remove directory: directory not empty                                                   
2020/11/17 03:29:05 ERROR : Source/Bulk/Source/Media/TV 34/Game of Thrones/: Dir.Remove failed to remove directory: directory not empty

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.