Recommended Mount Settings

You don't want to use rclone about on a mount point, you use it remote.

[felix@gemini ~]$ rclone about /GD
Total:   1P
Used:    0
Free:    1P
[felix@gemini ~]$ rclone about GD:
Used:    70.979T
Trashed: 65.146G
Other:   129.377M

ok thanks
is the above setup i posted ok?

rclone about drive:
Used: 15.989T
Trashed: 0
Other: 14.039G

Looks good. Give it a whirl!

thank you.
everything seems fine now
i'll let you know how long it takes to add my music considering it's all flac.

fiddling with the settings...
your saying making the buffer size 0 might help??

i have run into my first problem after the switch back to rclone after two years on plexdrive...
(for the most part i'm happy.... am seeing the same speeds, and the bandwidth usage during the days of scans i gotta do.. is like 1/5th! what plexdrive used.... and its faster.... figure that one out : )

but i am having my first problem.... and one i;ve read about on here somewhere so i know i'm not the only one...

if i play say a 38MiB remux... if i transcode it to say 20... it starts instantly and i can see the buffer filling up as it maxes out the 17mb connection i have here at home... as it starts... then plays perfectly...

but i'm picky and dont like to transcode anything... direct play everything.... well if i try and play original quality..... and direct play... i see the pipe fill with the 16-17mbs a sec... for a minute or two maxing out the 16-17mB.... but nothing happens... the film never starts....

ie on the rclone mount direct playing for some weird reason does not work... at least with the current settings was messing with...

So far since the post 22 artists were added

me i've had like 4 solid minutes of a maxed out 17mB's a sec download... but the direct play has still to start : ) : ( !?

142 artists added in 3 hours

UGHHH

i tried the defaults.... and i got banned for the first time ever i think.... hahahaha : (

i cant download anything from the mount so i'm assuming i'm banned....

is there a way to tell inside the google drive console?? : (

i'm really scared of this myself. should i stop scanning my music library and do it little by little every day?

i don't know.... i'd at least use the vfs chunk size etc options.... seems like i got banned almost instantly after i took those out.... maybe 2 hours into a library scan : (

how long do the bans really last? is it a full 24 hours : (

im using the settings i posted above and ive been scanning a flac library for like 4 hours

What does rclone version show? Are you seeing something in the logs?

rclone v1.48.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.12.6

unless it does it by default i didnt have any logging settings in this command...
i'm pretty sure its a ban.... now that i'm thinking about it.. i think i got one like 3 years ago before switching to plexdrive.... i can browse all the folders on the drive but i cant copy anything off of it or read the file at all....

do these bans really last a full 24 hours?

should i stop scanning right now? my music library is 3Tbs

No idea why you think you have a quota issue.

what else could it be?

i can browse the directories in a filemanager fine but nothing will copy/download and plex can see them doesnt list them as unavailable yet cant analyze or play them...
and it happened like an hour after i mounted with the default rclone settings and did a library scan : (

might it be because he's not using a client id?

no of course i have my own client id.... and its been working for almost 3 years solid without a single ban
: ) : (

oddly now (without changing anything... it is working again... which brings me back to how long/if the 24 hour bands really last 24 hours : ) : ( this one started like 13 hours ago and just got lifted..... weird...