Recommended Dropbox (Formally Google Drive) and Plex Mount Settings

Seems to be ok now. Ive changed my docker container to run as root

Hi @Animosity022,
Thank you for your work firstly. It look exactly what I am looking for and wish to use unlimited gdrive account I have for my Plex. As of now I am using Synology DS218+ with Sonarr/Radarr/NZBget on dockers and store everything locally but want to move to the gdrive. I tried to mess around a bit with my Synology and have got the rclone installed and working with gdrive already mounted. But I am not too tech savvy to understand all the codes you have on github. I have read them a lot and just dont know where to start as yours is on a different Linux system. Can you help me? Also is it possible to do what you are doing on a Synology with running everything on DSM? Thanks.

Sorry as I am not familiar with Synology/DSM.

I'd suggest to just make a new post as I know a few users here have that setup and use that and just ask if you have any specific questions or issues you are facing.

I have worked out most of the basics and stuck on the mergerfs command. I have a local drive that Sonarr/Radarr writes to and then I have mounted Gdrive and want to fuse them together to something say gmedia. This is my command. Can you please help?

mergerfs '/volume1/Plex Database':/volume1/homes/admin/gdrive /volume1/gmedia -o nonempty,rw,sync_read,use_ino,allow_other,func.getattr=newest,category.action=all,category.create=ff,auto_cache,dropcacheonclose=true

I know that you had some issues with getting this to work with the >2.55 version of mergerfs. I have somehow managed to get the following version
FUSE library version: 2.9.7
fusermount version: 2.9.4
using FUSE kernel interface version 7.19
Any help is appreciated.

I would look into Rclone Union. I will do something similar to mergerfs and is very simple to set up.

https://rclone.org/union/

What does mergerfs -V show?

felix@gemini:~$ mergerfs -V
mergerfs version: 2.28.3
FUSE library version: 2.9.7-mergerfs_2.29.0
fusermount3 version: 3.4.1
using FUSE kernel interface version 7.29

What's the error you get when you mount it? It's usually better to open a new thread as I use this for questions on my settings if you have any. I can tell you aren't using my settings as I don't use nonempty as it creates issues.

That doesn't meet my use case so I would not recommend it. I specifically use mergerfs as it supports hard links and a first write policy.

Hi there! I read lot of times your setup and recommendations but maybe im stupid like hell there is lot of things what i dont know. Im very thankful if you or sone pro can help me because my gdrive growing&growing and im dont want an API ban when Plex going to scan 100k+ files.
So I don't have root because I'm on a shared box with ssh and with plex/rclone/mandb/fuse.
I already setup my encrypted gdrive with my client id and mounted. I use now this mount flags:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount
--config=/homedir/.config/rclone/rclone.conf
--log-level INFO
--log-file /homedir/logs/logs/rclone.log
--poll-interval 15s
--timeout 1h
--umask 002
--user-agent animosityapp
--dir-cache-time 48h
--vfs-read-chunk-size 16M
--vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 2G
--buffer-size 512M
crypt: /homedir/drive/
It not give me any error so I think its working. Rclone version is: v.1.50.1 (linux/amd64). My box linux distro: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch). I don't have mergerfs on that box. I tried install plexdrive too for cache but failed (maybe because user error).
The shared box well equipped:
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2699 v3 @ 2.30GHz
CPU cores: 72
Frequency: 2799.929 MHz
RAM: 377G
So somebody tell me how can make good cache to play 4K movies and not banned out from Google after Plex make a media scan. Thank you!

If you have a question regarding why I have something set, I'm happy to answer it.

If you want to use your own settings, feel free. I use mine to stream 4k.

You don't get banned from Google for using rclone as that's a common misconception.

There are daily download and upload quotas for using the API, which are 10TB down and 750GB upload.

I stream 4k and have a bit over 100TB on my GD atm. I use the settings I have documented and that's it.

If you have a separate question not related to my settings, just open a new post.

I dont say nothing about your settings. You feel it attacking you? If yes sry. I want to use your settings but i dont have mergerfs as i mentioned. If you see i use 90% of your rclone flags. I use your upload script, your exclude and so on. The banning is not from quota if i heard good it is when you dont have cache and plex scanning through 100k files per x times per day. But i think you know that. So i just want a good settings like you but i dont have mergerfs so i dont know my settings good or not because im totally newbie and noob! For example what is that --rc flag with ip address?
And i dont know that plex automatic scan allowed or not? Run a partial scan when changes are detected? I already switched off what you mentioned at the github site: thumbnails off and perform extensive media analyse off.

Not at all! I just try to keep this thread related to questions about a setting or more information related to them.

That's simply just not true. You don't get banned from Google. The only thing that can happen is if you reach 10TB download or 750GB in a 24 hour period and it's a daily quota limit.

That's the remote control feature for rclone and it is documented here:

https://rclone.org/rc/

There is no reason you can't. I use Sonarr/Radarr and that notifies when new media is added and triggers a scan from Plex.

That's fine either way.

Thank you very much! And keep up the good work!!

@Animosity022 I need your help please with setup similar to yours.

I also have mergerfs that merges my GD and my /mnt/medialibrary

Inside medialibrary I just got completed tv movies already organized by sonarr and radarr.

So what happens is that even I use hardlinks on sonarr it's seens it's not correctly working.

Because it seens files are copied from /mnt/downloads/completed to the /mnt/medialibrary but remains also on the origin directory where transmission finished them.

Could it be because I keep completed downloads out of mergerfs??

You can only hardlink on the same physical disk if that's what you mean.

I do all my items on my mergerfs mount.

So you have on your mergerfs both: already organized and the things being downloaded from your downloaded programs?

With v1.5.1 do you think async_read=true will be possible now with mergerfs?

Thanks

Not yet. I did some brief testing and I use an older version of Debian so the performance did not go well for me when I tested it.

1 Like

@Animosity022 am I correct?

Not quite sure what you mean. I use my mergerfs mount for application that I run so all things point to that if that answers your question.

@Animosity022

I am trying to ask you if your download dirs completed/incomplete are also on mergefs.

Because if so that's the only difference from mine to yours setup. And probably the reason to hardlink failure.

Do you have any plans to make future use of tdrive?