Recommended approach for mounting an encrypted remote using rclone on Windows 10 to be used by another program for syncing, like syncthings

should work. tho you need to test it for yourself.

I will but I wanted to check with the wider audience. The last thing you want are backups to not be usable for a restore. So while I will do my own test, I wanted to see if others have had any experience with this kind of configuration.

have you searched the forum for ...

Yes. But they mostly talk about a different configuration/needs. There was one post talking about ST but one is hardly enough to make a decision on. There are quite a few different backup/sync tools. I searched the ones I know but didn't find answers that quelled my curiosity. Hence why I posted to see if anyone is doing anything like what I want to do, and if they have had success with both the backups and restores, then I'll use whatever tool they use.

Most of these programs are quite complex, with a lot of built-in optimizations. It is unobvious how those optimizations might be affected when you put a crypt in the middle. Hence why I'm looking for folks with some 1st hand experience.

Copying VFS cache on Windows 10 - #14 by alfa404

Not using crypt.

How to resume upload? - #14 by AMaiden

Applies but it's just one person. I'm looking for more feedback from wider audience.