Recommendations for ACD->GSuite/Other transfers

doing this now. averaging 40MB/s. Uploading is obviously way faster. what will happen when there are no more completed downloads yet and rclone is still running?

Does anybody know what happens to the odrive linux thingy (the one with cloud and cloudf files) once your 7 days trial is over?

Thanks for the clouddrive tip. Any chance you can help with the error Iā€™m getting? Iā€™m all set up, I can browse the ACD etc.

When I try to download though I get HTTPError: Response code 404 (Not Found)

Struggling to find anything that will help.

EDIT: Think Iā€™ve found the issue. Iā€™ve got a LOT of pending files on ACD. clouddrive pending shows me a list of a few 100 files from various dates. Many are the same files multiple times. Canā€™t find a thing that tells me how to clear them.

Iā€™m using CloudDrive too, @DickVicious but sometimes i have problemsā€¦ many gif/jpg gets truncated when downloadedā€¦ did you too?

Hey,

wanted to make the switch from ACD to Google, set all up G Suite Account and an instance in Google Compute Engine. But unfortunately the drivesink option is gone, I guess, since the thread was removed :confused: Any other option?

1 Like

People seem to be having success with odrive and multdrive.

Getting the data out of ACD is the issue. Once itā€™s out, you can go back to using rclone to upload it to GDrive :slight_smile:

I have a question about using the odrive method. Can i start moving files to my gdrive account before the whole sync process finishes? Or if i delete a file and the sync process is still running it would download it again?
Iā€™m using Philipā€™s command for creating the folder structure and Timmert command for syncing/downloading files.
Thanks in advance.

FWIW, in the end I decided to stick with rcloneā€™s crypt support, obfuscating the file names before rclone sees them caused me more trouble than itā€™s worthā€¦

Iā€™ve completed my migration from ACD to GCD. I used odrive to download and rclone to upload.

I donā€™t have a lot of faith in odrive so Iā€™m going to redownload ACD via their Windows sync app and then use rclone to sync/check with the fresh copy of the data.

Unusual thing I noticed is that Amazon says there is 11.5TB of data, but Google is saying 13.5TB.

thanks @Philip_Konighofer for your odrive method over gcc. got all of my files off acd with breeze without spending $. well actually i still got remaining $250 credit off google $300 promo. thanks again man for your sharing the info and commands you use for odrive.

Wouldnā€™t be easier to put TWO remotes in rclone and then copy directly from Amazon to Google Drive?

No @marcolino, because I couldnā€™t mount the ACD folder using rcloneā€¦see other discussions on rclone no longer being supported by ACD.
I used odrive to pull down my ACD encrypted content onto GCC, the rcloneā€™d it up to GDrive.

Thanks for pointing this out, but it is (indirectly) possible.

As acd_cli is currently working again, you simply have to mount acd_cli as local folder then use
rclone copy /path/of/acd_cli/mount googledrive:/path/of/encrypted/folder

This does not need both decryption and encryption again saving a lot of CPU, and do not need local HDD space, thus saving a lot of VPS space :wink:

Done just 2-3 days ago :smiley:

As of today acd_cli appears to be broken againā€¦

RequestError: 429, {ā€œmessageā€:ā€œRate exceededā€}

I donā€™t know it this is permanent or just a problem at the Amazon end.

And fwiw this seems to be happening with my own whitelisted security profile as well.

Sure, it is possible to hack around it by using acd_cli but I didnā€™t feel like using an unsupported token/workaround with possible issues (see post immediately above) when odrive worked very smoothly and is still an authorised ACD app. In any case, transferred my 11Tb down and back up to GDrive so am all done.

Iā€™ve transferred from ACD to GC 2TB without an issue with this method just a few days ago.

Average of 25MB/s read + 25MB/s write on a gigabit VPS.

Use ā€œLONG PATH TOOLā€ for issues like copying/ renaming and deleting long path files name.

So it seems to be that I am having the same issues with rclone on Expandrive like you did. At about 9GB transferred data (with rclone) the source drive (ACD) is not readable anymore. Not by rclone, not by Explorer. So I have to eject the drive and connect again. Every 9GBā€¦
But a direct copy between ACD and GDrive (with the Explorer) is not working on crypted folders because the names are too long. Additionally I only got about 3MB/s with a direct copy which is too slow.
How did you get this to work with long filenames and that goog a speed?

I am suggesting to try ā€œLong Path Toolā€ program.

I would suggest to try ā€œLong Path Toolā€ program.