Recent Log File Change - No "Errors"?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Rclone seems to have (somewhat) recently changed it's log file (& the progress indicator for that matter) behavior. At the end of the log files it used to contain something that looked very similar to this:

Transferred: 0 / 0 Bytes, -, 0 Bytes/s, ETA -
Checks: 171112 / 171112, 100%
Errors: 0
Elapsed time: 0.5s

I don't remember where exactly the "Errors" indicator was located, but sometime recently that behavior has changed. The "Errors" indicator is now completely absent.

Is there anyway to enable it again? I have --log-level=INFO & tried changing it to DEBUG to see if that would include the missing errors summary, but it did not.

I don't understand why it was removed. I found it extremely handy. After execution was finished I would only need review the last few lines of the log file to see if anything went wrong (by seeing any error number greater than zero). If there was an error I could then go find it.

I now have to do a search on the log file for "error". It's not a huge deal for me to implement, but I'd like to know if there is a way for me to get it back.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.7

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10, 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Local File System

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Not related to specific command. However:

rclone --checkers=4 --transfers=4 --create-empty-src-dirs --progress --log-file=rclone_%date%.log --log-level=INFO --stats-file-name-length 0 --retries 1 --delete-after --exclude="$RECYCLE.BIN/" --exclude="System Volume Information/" --exclude="pagefile.sys" sync Z:\ Y:\

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

This is approximately 60MB in size. I don't think it is relevant to what I'm asking about, but if it is I'll be happy to post it.

The Errors: indicator will be absent if there are no errors and present if there are.

We made this change as we wanted to add more indicators (like Deleted files) but didn't want to bloat the stas block too much with lots of 0s.

Ah, that makes sense.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.