Receiving an error while syncing to B2

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Error : File-Name/Path: Failed to copy: failed to create bucket: Invalid characters in bucketName: must be alphanumeric or '-' (400 bad request)

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Fedora 30, 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

B2

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy /source b2:\bucket --bwlimit=10M -P

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

I'm assuming I just need to make sure I can login to the B2 account, but I can't for the life of me remember how to confirm that the B2 account works.

Everything in the source and destination is alphanumeric, so I'm not sure if this issue is a red-herring or if there is actually something wrong with either the source or destination.

I'd post the --vv logs, but it's just repeated information with error 400 listed for every file.

I'm updating and going to retest once this system starts backup.

I also have other rclone jobs running without issue from other systems at the moment. So I'm kind of at a loss as to what this error means.

Updating didn't resolve it.

I've confirmed that I can run

rclone ls b2:\bucket and get the output of what is in said bucket. . .

It doesn't appear to be an issue with a large unfinished file, but I have removed those that are pending. . .

Even with a completely new bucket I'm experiencing this same issue.

And now out of the blue it's working. . . okay I give up. lol

It is complaining about the bucket name... Try without the \ (you don't need it anyway)

I've tried it as b2:bucketname and as b2:\bucketname and it only works as the later.

Even though the documentation states it doesn't require the backslash.

I was going to say the same as NCW. buckets have remote:bucket/folder syntax in their path
No idea why it would work with a slash before the bucket

maybe if you let us see your config file it might reveal something wrong
NOTE!! Please redact any sensitive information before posting, such as client secrets, crypt keys ect.

How is the bucket named if you look at the b2 web console?

b2 all lower case folder name, one word.

In which case this is the right syntax.

$ rclone lsd b2:
          -1 2019-10-22 08:00:57        -1 test-isos
          -1 2019-10-22 08:00:57        -1 test-isos-copy

$ rclone ls b2:test-isos
 10485760 10MB
1073741824 1G
688340992 FreeBSD-11.0-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso

What do you get if you do rclone lsd b2: - can you cut and paste it here please.

Also can you post the first line of the log when you do rclone copy /source b2:\bucket --bwlimit=10M -P which looks like

2019/10/22 08:03:47 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.49.5-240-g1e5fb568-fix-change-notify-beta" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "lsd" "." "-vv"]

I can't post the specifics of rclone lsd b2: as this would divulge confidential information, but it does list the buckets, and if I go into any of those buckets, I can see the contents.

As for the second line, I get a errors regarding permissions (mac formatted device with all of the stupid mac attribute files, but to summarize : permission denied) on those .spotlight, .fseventsd and .journal files.

Otherwise there is no first line besides Transferred: with the progress for the current total.

Do you want to email me nick@craig-wood.com the info instead? If you do put a link to this post in please.

Trying to debug stuff without being able to see logs is very hard!

In particular I'd like these things.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.