Rclonemount.txt file size

Sorry to make this so simple, but I think it's a simple question. Hopefully I'm not wrong.

Why is my log file (rclonemount.txt) over 25GB? Is it an issue of how the command line is set to capture logs or is it something else?

This is my command line:

mount --rc --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 64M --log-level NOTICE --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off gdrive: Z: --config "C:\Users\flkar\.config\rclone\rclone.conf" --vfs-cache-mode writes --log-file=C:\rclone\rclonemount.txt

Thank you!

It doesn't look as if you are logging anything too verbose.

What is in the log file?

No idea. I stopped the service, deleted the file and started it again. LOL

At log level notice you should be getting a line per transfer and a line every 60s showing statistics. No way that should add up to 25 GB! Maybe you had it on DEBUG earlier and changed it?

1 Like

I think you are likely correct. I was having issues a while back. I think I did have it on debug and changed it back not realizing the log file was huge until now.

I found this issue when looking for the reason why my system drive was full. I use a smallish SSD as a system drive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.