Rclone VMDK size upload

Rclone Command
/usr/bin/rclone move /mnt/Sto1/Sto1DS/Gdrive/ VMBs:/
--buffer-size 64M --drive-chunk-size 256M --drive-upload-cutoff 64M --config /rclone/VMBs.conf -P --fast-list --checkers 16 --tpslimit 2 --max-backlog=1024000 -v --no-traverse --max-transfer 550G --drive-stop-on-upload-limit --cutoff-mode=soft --log-file /rclone/logVMBs
--transfers 1 --order-by size,desc --min-size 400G >> /rclone/stdVMBs 2>&1

Rclone config
[VMBs]
type = drive
client_id = .apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret = *********************
scope = drive
use_trash = false
skip_gdocs = true
acknowledge_abuse = true
token = {"access_token":"
*****"}
team_drive = ***********

Rclone version
rclone v1.54.0-beta.4791.41ec712aa

• os/arch: freebsd/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.2

I am trying to backup some virtual machines to Gdrive, the thing is, the machines have a thin provision disk, I´ll put an example below:
The machine has a thin provisioned disk with 300GB, with ls it displays 300GB, with du it displays 45GB, when I try to upload it, it goes with 300GB
Is there anyway to only transfer "the real data" without consuming the quota with "overhead size"?

Thanks in advance.

I know that at this example I used a code with min size of 400GB, but the idea is the same.

You'd use something like VMWare Convertor to export only the data as any tool that sees those files will see it as a full file as it's only thin provisioned from the VMWare side.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.