Rclone vfs-cache-dir permission issue?

I have rclone working properly without using vfs cache folder. However, large files have major buffering issues and plex will display an error saying my server isn't fast enough. I'm running on a wired gigabit connection and have gigabit fiber, and have ran speed tests across the devices and everything seems fine. Also, local files play fine that are similar in size. So, I figured I'd try to use the cache folder. When I try to load a movie from the cache I get a spinning wheel and show very little network traffic across the network and it finally times out with the message "An unknown error occurred (4294967279) Error code: 4294967279". I have a suspicion that it's a permission error, most of my media has permissions set for owner and group rw, and the cache folder /cache/vfs/ is set for owner rw only and I'm not sure how to change that or if it is the issue.

rclone v1.50.2

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.6

Running Ubuntu 20.04 5.4.44-2-pve LXC in Proxmox.

Using Google drive w/ crypt

Starting rclone from systemd:

Rclone config:

[media-archive]
type = drive
client_id = ***
client_secret = ***
scope = drive
token = ***
team_drive = ***

[gcrypt]
type = crypt
remote = media-archive:
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = ***
password2 = ***

Rclone log:

You have the old version of rclone, which is the old version of vfs-cache mode. You'd need to update it to the latest.

Well, that cleared it up. Thanks a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.