Rclone to wasabi with veeam endpoint

It looks like it modifies the existing vbk.... Then rclone sees this and then overwrites the wasabi version.

you mentioned that you are low on disk space

i use a forever forward backup.
vagent will never modify an older backup file.
so, as needed, i can move the older backup flies to wasabi.

Not low but only have a fixed amount of space. How do you avoid not running out of space for the backups? This is how my retention is set.

post all the settings from the advanced options.

• increase the compression level
  • encrypt the backup
  • increase keep backups for to 730, in that way agent will never touch older files, and manually prune older backups when you are low on space or move them to wasabi.
  • at some point, you have to create full backups, you cannot create an forever forward set of incrementals.
    if you have 100 incrementals in a backup chain, taken once per day, and the second incremental of that chain gets corrupted, the other 98 cannot be used for recovery.

How does manual pruning work? Is it case of moving over the whole backup file and incremental to wasabi and then Veeam starts a new backup chain?

if you use the settings i gave you, then vagent never touches older backups files.
once a new full is created, you can move the older full and its incrementals to wasabi.

Got you. Thanks asdffdsa

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.