I have completed an rclone backup to an encrypted remote with 'copy'. All completed fine.
The following day I ran rclone with 'sync' and '--backup-dir'.
Files and folders that I had delete were moved into the 'Archive' folder, as expected, and correctly removed from the 'backup' folder within the remote.
I also found a bunch of unchanged, un-related files and directories that were not modified or deleted within the source directories, in the 'Archive' folder. The original files and folders were still in the 'backup' directory location within the remote.
What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)
go version: go1.15.4
Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)
Windows 10 x64
Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)
The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)
I am really confused by your command though I have no experience with rclone and windows.
It looks like you're moving with local to local so why do you have a Google Drive flags --drive-chunk-size 64M, and tons of remote flags (e.g. --fast-list, --bw-limit, etc). I do see you have -log-level=DEBUG so it would be immensely helpful to post both that log and the config
Hey all, thanks for the replies.. It's a mega remote, not local. I've just switched it to a DEBUG log so the next time I see this issue I'll post the logs. I've removed the drive-chunk-size switch, was using this on a Google Drive account before switching to Mega, should have updated the parameters.
Just did a compare of source, destination and backup-dir interestingly it looks like the folders that were moved to backup-dir / archive had old folder names.
The source had the square brackets.. I had removed the square brackets from the source [docs] folder after the first backup from the source and destination. Not sure why it has appeared in the backup. I'll keep an eye on it and see if there are other similar folders, perhaps I missed renaming that destination [docs] folder.