Rclone sync (server-side) Inquiry

Hey guys, the below template is pretty bare as I rather have a question about the sync process itself and how it works, not a support issue on getting it working.

If for example I am using rclone sync enc1: senc1: --drive-server-side-across-configs --drive-stop-on-upload-limit does the server-sided sync of both Google drives use the upload limit quota of enc1, or senc1? I would assume it would use the daily quota of senc1 as that is the drive that files are being uploaded/copied to, but I just wanted to ask here to make sure.

Thanks for any and all replies, it is much appreciated.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

No problem at all as I have rclone sync working, this is just a question about the logistics of it.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync enc1: senc1: --drive-server-side-across-configs --drive-stop-on-upload-limit

You are correct as it is the one being uploaded to that has the upload quota.

You can hit download quotas on the source side as well but that would be odd if you hit that before the upload quota.

I basically made 8 source remotes and 8 destination remotes (with all 8 source identical and all 8 destination identical aside from OAuth credentials) as I was having trouble trying to figure out the whole service account thing. Was able to use rclone with the service accounts but they were still part of the same upload quota as the main account I was accessing that API instance with, so I just did it my above mentioned way instead, and just check if the rclone exit code is not zero, then to use the next set of remotes for the sync/move commands. Kinda messy but it works, so oh well lol.

Basically, ill be fine as I have 6TB per day upload quota with my regular rclone move script and 6TB per day sync quota with my rclone sync script. Download wise as well for the sync one, as each remote credential should have 10TB download limit each day.

Either way, thanks for your reply mate. Just needed some confirmation so that I could make sure my setup is correct. Appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.