Rclone sync delete from first union remote

I want to delete files from the first union remote (ro) but sync to the second union (rw)

Source FTP0

Union
Destination FTP1(ro)
Destination FTP2(rw)

FTP1 is read only union so when I start syncing I first want to make delete changes first so some thing like

rclone sync --delete-only FTP0: FTP1:
rclone sync --delete-only FTP0: FTP2:

rclone sync FTP0: union:

Is there a delete only flag to sync delete changes only

Thanks.

sync works being making A like B.

If you want A to be like B, sync would be your command as that is what it does.

If A changes that gets replicated over to B.

I’m not sure what you mean by delete changes first as if something is out of sync, it would get deleted from B.

I am referring to the problem we face when using union remotes
If a union remotes includes 4 remotes the first 3 are readonly.

If I sync 4tb from the source to a union of 1tb*4 I will be writting to only the 4th remote.

Assume I have synced 3tb to the first 3 remotes and I am in progress to sync the 4th what will happen if I delete some files from the source that are part of either first 3 remotes and sync… Will the sync fail… ?

Ultimately the union remote won’t be in sync

For this reason the delete-before option would work on individual first 3 parts of the union remote and then run sync on the union

I came across the disable flag but I was unable to find a way to use sync and disable copy this would solve the problem

I still can’t follow what your goal is.

Are you trying to split 4TB of data across 4 separate remotes?

The whole concept of things is keeping things in ‘sync’ from a point of time as you are usually always creating new and deleting old files and such.

mergerfs offers quite the number of writes policies that allow things like this.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.