Rclone settings with polling

I am just a bit confused on

--vfs-cache-poll-interval
--poll-interval 

Do I need both or just one of them. There was a problem after I altered my rclone mount script where the files got stuck on mounted drive which I have no idea why.

This is my rclone script.
rclone mount --allow-other --checkers=12 --fast-list --dir-cache-time 1000h --vfs-cache-poll-interval 15s --poll-interval 15s --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 500G --vfs-cache-max-age 336h --drive-chunk-size=32M --cache-dir /home/entix/tmp/rclone/vfs --dir-cache-time 72h --vfs-read-chunk-size 256M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off --buffer-size 256M --log-level ERROR --log-file /mnt/user/mount_rclone/rclone.log gDrive:/ /mnt/gdrive --stats 1m

I did put my log into debug mode to check if it was invalidating the files with the polling which it did. I had both vfs-cache-poll-interval and poll-interval options in the script which maybe helped with invalidating the files. Maybe it was just a one off and just wasn't working for some odd reason. Any help would be awesome!

That's for when changes happen on the remote as Google Drive supports polling.

That depends on what version you are running as they have some impact on what stays in the cache.

That does nothing on a mount and can be removed.

I'd remove that and just use the defaults. Generally use the defaults unless you have a reason for changing them.

That's really weird. That's what I had set before I set --vfs-cache-poll-interval into the script. Do you know why files would get stuck even when i had poll-interval set? You probably wouldn't know unless I had a debug log of it... I am running on rclone version 1.53.1

Okay, thanks for the recommendation. I will do that and lets see how it behaves.

I am not sure what you mean by stuck. You'd have to give more details or provide a log file.

I mean like on drive.google.com I removed several files from there but the mounted drive still saw those files even after 12 hour span. I had to unmount the drive and remount it to clear them.

you have duplicate flags

--dir-cache-time 1000h
--dir-cache-time 72h

Oh dang. Thanks for the catch. didn't even realized that I did that.

poll-interval picks up changes via notification from Google Drive.

Don't know what version you are running nor a debug log of the issue.

Which should of been picked a while ago from Google Drive but didn't. I wish I could replicate the issue but not too sure if it will come back up. Are you talking about rclone version?

Right, basically the stuff in the help and support template you deleted and didn't fill in.

I did state it in my other post.

I am running this version.

rclone v1.53.1
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.15

So if you have the problem, you'd need to capture a debug log and we'd go from there.

Okay thanks! If I do have another issue. I will try to grab a debug log of it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.