Rclone.Service Failed - Google Drive OMV5

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Hi, I am configuring GoogleDrive via rclone for use on my OMV plex server, for the purposes of hosting my media for streaming. OMV is setup as is Plex and they are currently using a partition on the local drive as mass storage. I have not yet installed radarr / sonarr etc.

I have successfully setup GoogleDrive with the correct Client ID etc. and rclone an successfully list all files in the specified folder.

I am trying to setup rclone to automount on system start-up but I am running into issues and I have taken many steps including searching this forum. I am not sure if maybe the two partitions on the local disk are throwing things off.

I have been following this guide Unlimited space for your Plex using Rclone to connect to your Cloud (Google Drive) – Part 1 - YouTube

What have you tried to solve this issue?

I used GParted to create a separate drive for my cache/boot

I tried also manually\\

Rclone mount GoogleDrive: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud

\\ but this doesnt do anything (Puts me onto a blank line) and I have to CTRL+C to exit

I have tried systemctl daemon-reload

I have also tried using mkdir to create the directories for the log file and the rclone/cache folder

RClone is running latest version

Fuse is installed

Updated and Upgraded

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

v1.57

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive Unlimited (Workspace)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Successful:
\\\
sudo cp rclone.service /etc/systemd/system
\\\
Successful:
\\\
sudo systemctl enable rclone.service
\\\

Error:
\\\
sudo systemctl start rclone.service
\\\

The rclone service file.

\\\
[Unit]
Description=RClone Mount Service
After=network-online.target
[Service]
Type=notify
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount
  --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf \
  --log-level=INFO \
  --log-file=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Config/rclone/logs/rclone-mount.log \
  --user-agent=root\
  --umask=022 \
  --gid=0 \
  --uid=0 \
  --allow-other \
  --timeout=1h \
  --poll-interval=15s \
  --dir-cache-time=1000h \
  --cache-dir=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cache \
  --vfs-cache-mode=full \
  --vfs-cache-max-size=350G \
  --vfs-cache-max-age=24h \
  GoogleDrive: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud
ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -uz /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud
Restart=on-abort
RestartSec=5
StartLimitInterval=60s
StartLimitBurst=3
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
\\\

The error when trying to start this service;

\\\
rclone.service - RClone Mount Service
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/rclone.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2022-01-01 23:52:38 GMT; 11s ago
  Process: 20803 ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 20803 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Jan 01 23:52:38 Server rclone[20803]:       --vfs-write-wait duration                Time to wait for in-sequence write before giving error (default 1s)
Jan 01 23:52:38 Server rclone[20803]:       --volname string                         Set the volume name (supported on Windows and OSX only)
Jan 01 23:52:38 Server rclone[20803]:       --write-back-cache                       Makes kernel buffer writes before sending them to rclone (without this, writethrough caching is used) (not supported on W
Jan 01 23:52:38 Server rclone[20803]: Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Jan 01 23:52:38 Server rclone[20803]: Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Jan 01 23:52:38 Server rclone[20803]: Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.
Jan 01 23:52:38 Server rclone[20803]: Command mount needs 2 arguments minimum: you provided 0 non flag arguments: []
Jan 01 23:52:38 Server systemd[1]: rclone.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 01 23:52:38 Server systemd[1]: rclone.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 01 23:52:38 Server systemd[1]: Failed to start RClone Mount Service.
\\\

I was hoping you would be kind enough to have a look and see if you notice anything that is incorrect.

I would be very grateful

Best Wishes,

might change this line to include a trailing backslash?
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount \

for example, via the command line, rclone mount will output the same text as you posted

--vfs-read-wait duration                 Time to wait for in-sequence read before seeking (default 20ms)
      --vfs-used-is-size rclone size           Use the rclone size algorithm for Used size
      --vfs-write-back duration                Time to writeback files after last use when using cache (default 5s)
      --vfs-write-wait duration                Time to wait for in-sequence write before giving error (default 1s)
      --volname string                         Set the volume name (supported on Windows and OSX only)
      --write-back-cache                       Makes kernel buffer writes before sending them to rclone (without this, writethrough caching is used) (not supported on Windows)

Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.
Command mount needs 2 arguments minimum: you provided 0 non flag arguments: []

Hello

Thanks for your reply

I have tried adding the trailing backslash and am still having an error code when trying to start the service.

● rclone.service - RClone Mount Service
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/rclone.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2022-01-04 22:19:59 GMT; 17s ago
  Process: 18678 ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf --log-level=INFO \ (code=exited, status
 Main PID: 18678 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jan 04 22:19:59 Server rclone[18678]:       --vfs-write-wait duration                Time to wait for in-sequence write befo
Jan 04 22:19:59 Server rclone[18678]:       --volname string                         Set the volume name (supported on Windo
Jan 04 22:19:59 Server rclone[18678]:       --write-back-cache                       Makes kernel buffer writes before sendi
Jan 04 22:19:59 Server rclone[18678]: Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Jan 04 22:19:59 Server rclone[18678]: Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Jan 04 22:19:59 Server rclone[18678]: Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.
Jan 04 22:19:59 Server rclone[18678]: Command mount needs 2 arguments minimum: you provided 1 non flag arguments: ["\\"]
Jan 04 22:19:59 Server systemd[1]: rclone.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 04 22:19:59 Server systemd[1]: rclone.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 04 22:19:59 Server systemd[1]: Failed to start RClone Mount Service.

Any further suggestions would be kindly appreciated

Thanks,

also, what are all those \\\ about, best to just post the exact text, ok?

please update the updated service file

Hi,

Here is the updated rclone.service file

Those "\" I added to my forum post as I was unsure of formatting, please see the raw file contents below;

[Unit]

[Service]
Type=notify
  --log-level=INFO \
  --log-file=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Config/rclone/logs/rclone-mount.log \
  --user-agent=root\
  --umask=022 \
  --gid=0 \
  --uid=0 \
  --allow-other \
  --timeout=1h \
  --poll-interval=15s \
  --dir-cache-time=1000h \
  --cache-dir=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cache \
  --vfs-cache-mode=full \
  GoogleDrive: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud

ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -uz /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud
Restart=on-abort
RestartSec=5
StartLimitInterval=60s
StartLimitBurst=3

[Install]

Thanks again,

perhaps need a space character between the text and the trailing backslash
try --user-agent=root \

Unfortunately that is still giving an error after making the change and reloading daemon

Please see error details below;

● rclone.service - RClone Mount Service
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2022-01-04 22:32:59 GMT; 8s ago
  Process: 19077 ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf --log-level=INFO \ (code=exited, status
 Main PID: 19077 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jan 04 22:32:59 SharmaServer rclone[19077]:       --vfs-write-wait duration                Time to wait for in-sequence write befo
Jan 04 22:32:59 SharmaServer rclone[19077]:       --volname string                         Set the volume name (supported on Windo
Jan 04 22:32:59 SharmaServer rclone[19077]:       --write-back-cache                       Makes kernel buffer writes before sendi
Jan 04 22:32:59 SharmaServer rclone[19077]: Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Jan 04 22:32:59 SharmaServer rclone[19077]: Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Jan 04 22:32:59 SharmaServer rclone[19077]: Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.
Jan 04 22:32:59 SharmaServer rclone[19077]: Command mount needs 2 arguments minimum: you provided 1 non flag arguments: ["\\"]
Jan 04 22:32:59 SharmaServer systemd[1]: rclone.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 04 22:32:59 SharmaServer systemd[1]: rclone.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 04 22:32:59 SharmaServer systemd[1]: Failed to start RClone Mount Service.

Updated rclone.service;

[Unit]

[Service]
Type=notify
  --log-level=INFO \
  --user-agent=root \
  --umask=022 \
  --gid=0 \
  --uid=0 \
  --allow-other \
  --timeout=1h \
  --poll-interval=15s \
  --dir-cache-time=1000h \
  --vfs-cache-mode=full \

Restart=on-abort
RestartSec=5
StartLimitInterval=60s
StartLimitBurst=3

[Install]

Many thanks for your quick replies

Just paste it into a command line and stop with systemd until you get the terminal working.

Start with each line and go one by one until you figure out what's not working so I'd add in a line at a time and start with.

/usr/bin/rclone mount \

And run as root as that is what it looks like you are running as from your service file.

i knew you would stop by if i could not figure this out quickly.

just curious, my two suggestions about the two trailing backslash issues, where they correct advice?

Apologies, I am relatively new to linux and have only completed a few simple projects such as PiHole and Samba.

Could you kindly expand on inputting these commands to the command line?

I would need to run

cd .config/rclone

prior to these commands, correct?

Should I simply paste these in sequentially a line at a time and hit enter?

Many thanks for your understanding,

Just open up your terminal and make sure you are root.

Type in:

/usr/bin/rclone mount \
  GoogleDrive: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud -vvv

That should spit out a bunch of info and if it works, you can control-c it and just add in a line from your whole config one at a time.

Many Thanks for your reply

I tried as you described and encountered this error;

root@SharmaServer:~# /usr/bin/rclone mount \ --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf \ GoogleDrive: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515c                                                                                                                                     fa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud -vvv
2022/01/05 20:43:53 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.57.0" starting with parameters ["/usr/bin/rclone" "mount" " --config=/root/.config                                                                                                                                     /rclone/rclone.conf" " GoogleDrive:" "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud" "-vvv"]
Usage:
  rclone mount remote:path /path/to/mountpoint [flags]

Flags:
      --allow-non-empty                        Allow mounting over a non-empty directory (not supported on Windows)
      --allow-other                            Allow access to other users (not supported on Windows)
      --allow-root                             Allow access to root user (not supported on Windows)
      --async-read                             Use asynchronous reads (not supported on Windows) (default true)
      --attr-timeout duration                  Time for which file/directory attributes are cached (default 1s)
      --daemon                                 Run mount in background and exit parent process (as background output is suppressed                                                                                                                                     , use --log-file with --log-format=pid,... to monitor) (not supported on Windows)
      --daemon-timeout duration                Time limit for rclone to respond to kernel (not supported on Windows)
      --daemon-wait duration                   Time to wait for ready mount from daemon (maximum time on Linux, constant sleep tim                                                                                                                                     e on OSX/BSD) (not supported on Windows) (default 1m0s)
      --debug-fuse                             Debug the FUSE internals - needs -v
      --default-permissions                    Makes kernel enforce access control based on the file mode (not supported on Window                                                                                                                                     s)
      --dir-cache-time duration                Time to cache directory entries for (default 5m0s)
      --dir-perms FileMode                     Directory permissions (default 0777)
      --file-perms FileMode                    File permissions (default 0666)
      --fuse-flag stringArray                  Flags or arguments to be passed direct to libfuse/WinFsp (repeat if required)
      --gid uint32                             Override the gid field set by the filesystem (not supported on Windows)
  -h, --help                                   help for mount
      --max-read-ahead SizeSuffix              The number of bytes that can be prefetched for sequential reads (not supported on W                                                                                                                                     indows) (default 128Ki)
      --network-mode                           Mount as remote network drive, instead of fixed disk drive (supported on Windows on                                                                                                                                     ly)
      --no-checksum                            Don't compare checksums on up/download
      --no-modtime                             Don't read/write the modification time (can speed things up)
      --no-seek                                Don't allow seeking in files
      --noappledouble                          Ignore Apple Double (._) and .DS_Store files (supported on OSX only) (default true)
      --noapplexattr                           Ignore all "com.apple.*" extended attributes (supported on OSX only)
  -o, --option stringArray                     Option for libfuse/WinFsp (repeat if required)
      --poll-interval duration                 Time to wait between polling for changes, must be smaller than dir-cache-time and o                                                                                                                                     nly on supported remotes (set 0 to disable) (default 1m0s)
      --read-only                              Mount read-only
      --uid uint32                             Override the uid field set by the filesystem (not supported on Windows)
      --umask int                              Override the permission bits set by the filesystem (not supported on Windows) (defa                                                                                                                                     ult 18)
      --vfs-cache-max-age duration             Max age of objects in the cache (default 1h0m0s)
      --vfs-cache-max-size SizeSuffix          Max total size of objects in the cache (default off)
      --vfs-cache-mode CacheMode               Cache mode off|minimal|writes|full (default off)
      --vfs-cache-poll-interval duration       Interval to poll the cache for stale objects (default 1m0s)
      --vfs-case-insensitive                   If a file name not found, find a case insensitive match
      --vfs-read-ahead SizeSuffix              Extra read ahead over --buffer-size when using cache-mode full
      --vfs-read-chunk-size SizeSuffix         Read the source objects in chunks (default 128Mi)
      --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit SizeSuffix   If greater than --vfs-read-chunk-size, double the chunk size after each chunk read,                                                                                                                                      until the limit is reached ('off' is unlimited) (default off)
      --vfs-read-wait duration                 Time to wait for in-sequence read before seeking (default 20ms)
      --vfs-used-is-size rclone size           Use the rclone size algorithm for Used size
      --vfs-write-back duration                Time to writeback files after last use when using cache (default 5s)
      --vfs-write-wait duration                Time to wait for in-sequence write before giving error (default 1s)
      --volname string                         Set the volume name (supported on Windows and OSX only)
      --write-back-cache                       Makes kernel buffer writes before sending them to rclone (without this, writethroug                                                                                                                                     h caching is used) (not supported on Windows)

Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.
Command mount needs 2 arguments maximum: you provided 3 non flag arguments: [" --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" " Google                                                                                                                                     Drive:" "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud"]

I believe this may be due to the space between GoogleDrive: and /srv/
Therefore I removed this space and encountered this error;

root@SharmaServer:~# /usr/bin/rclone mount \ --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf \ GoogleDrive:/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud -vvv
2022/01/05 20:46:43 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.57.0" starting with parameters ["/usr/bin/rclone" "mount" " --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" " GoogleDrive:/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud" "-vvv"]
2022/01/05 20:46:43 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote " --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2022/01/05 20:46:43 DEBUG : Using config file from "/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2022/01/05 20:46:43 DEBUG : fs cache: renaming cache item " --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" to be canonical "/root/ --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2022/01/05 20:46:43 INFO  : Local file system at /root/ --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf: poll-interval is not supported by this remote
2022/01/05 20:46:43 DEBUG : Local file system at /root/ --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf: Mounting on " GoogleDrive:/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud"
2022/01/05 20:46:43 mount helper error: fusermount: bad mount point  GoogleDrive:/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud: No such file or directory
2022/01/05 20:46:43 Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: fusermount: exit status 1

I have gone back into OMV and checked my absolute path is correct;

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media

Please advise, many thanks for your help thus far

I know nothing about OMV at all unfortunately as I've never seen paths like that.

If you can't get that command to work with it simplified out, you have to figure what the proper mount point is.

ls /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media

Shows an empty location?

ls /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/

Shows a Media directory?

i think the OP is getting confused,

to run any rclone mount command, do not insert the \, as that is for multiline command
as explained here

so this is a multi-line command

/usr/bin/rclone mount \
  GoogleDrive: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud -vvv

this is the same command as single line

/usr/bin/rclone mount --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf  GoogleDrive: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515c                                                                                                                                     fa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud -vvv

Hi the path is due to GParted partitioning one drive in two - this partition is to be used as a local cache, the other partition serves as my boot drive.

ls /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media

Returns the following;

root@SharmaServer:~# ls /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media
Movies   Photos   rclone  'TV Shows'

I am trying to mount the rclone/cloud folder, please see below;
(Please ignore "Movies" "Photos" and "TV Shows" these were setup to get Plex up and running locally first)

ls /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone

Returns

cloud

Which matches up with my target folder;

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud

I made the cloud folder using MKDir as one of the first troubleshooting steps

Your insight is appreciated, thanks again

Thanks for your reply

You are correct I was mistakenly running with a trailing backslash

Running

/usr/bin/rclone mount --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf  GoogleDrive: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud -vvv

Returns the following;

2022/01/05 21:17:53 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.57.0" starting with parameters ["/usr/bin/rclone" "mount" "--config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" "GoogleDrive:" "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud" "-vvv"]
2022/01/05 21:17:53 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "GoogleDrive:"
2022/01/05 21:17:53 DEBUG : Using config file from "/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2022/01/05 21:17:54 DEBUG : Google drive root '': Mounting on "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud"
2022/01/05 21:17:54 DEBUG : : Root:
2022/01/05 21:17:54 DEBUG : : >Root: node=/, err=<nil>

This then puts me on a new line which does nothing, so I cancel with CTRL+C and the following also appears;

^C2022/01/05 21:18:50 INFO  : Signal received: interrupt
2022/01/05 21:18:50 ERROR : /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud: Unmounted rclone mount
2022/01/05 21:18:50 INFO  : Exiting...

Should I simply wait? I assumed the mount would take fewer than 10 seconds

Thanks

well, that output looks good, the mount is running,

by default, the rclone mount will not return to the command line, it continue to run until you kill it.

tho there are way to workaround that

Hi

Just googling the returned text led me to a post on this forum
I therefore ran with

--daemon

and it seems to be working

root@SharmaServer:~# /usr/bin/rclone mount --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf  GoogleDrive: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud --daemon -vvv
2022/01/05 21:21:45 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.57.0" starting with parameters ["/usr/bin/rclone" "mount" "--config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" "GoogleDrive:" "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud" "--daemon" "-vvv"]
2022/01/05 21:21:45 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "GoogleDrive:"
2022/01/05 21:21:45 DEBUG : Using config file from "/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2022/01/05 21:21:46 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.57.0" finishing with parameters ["/usr/bin/rclone" "mount" "--config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" "GoogleDrive:" "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-75515cfa-c4d1-4b0b-913e-d1134b531988/Media/rclone/cloud" "--daemon" "-vvv"]

What would the recommended action be from here? Add a flag at a time until I encounter an error?

Thanks

for testing, i would not use --daemon,

just run the command with whatever flags you want.
if you do not get an error, kill the mount and then add another flag and repeat.

Understood, many thanks for your understanding; I will report back when I have identified the flag causing the issue