Rclone remote and using local disk

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have an rclone running in remote control mode (on a QNAP nas, using a QNAP package), and I want to transfer data from a local disk to a Minio remote. In the rclone UI I can access and see the Minio remote just fine, but when I use the rclone UI browser to browse the local disk, I can only access a specific folder (the installation folder, it seems) and not access the disk I need (which is somewhere in /share).

How can I change rclone rc to use the proper path instead of the current one?

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.60.0
- os/version: unknown
- os/kernel: 5.10.60-qnap (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.19.2
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Local storage and S3

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

curl --user user:pass -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST --data @rclone-rc.json "http://qnap-nas:5572/sync/copy"

with the following JSON:

{
	"dstFs": "s3:bucket/folder1/folder3/folder3/",
	"srcFs": "local:/share/CACHEDEV8_DATA/",
	"_async": true,
	"transfers": 8,
	"checkers": 8
}

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[s3]
type = s3
access_key_id = my-access-key
endpoint = http://minio:9000/
provider = Minio
region = my-region
secret_access_key = my-secret

[local]
type = local

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Not available, we run it through the API, not the commandline. Here's the output from the job:

{
	"duration": 0.008929969,
	"endTime": "2023-01-04T11:42:44.568956874+01:00",
	"error": "",
	"finished": true,
	"group": "job/6471",
	"id": 6471,
	"output": {},
	"startTime": "2023-01-04T11:42:44.560026904+01:00",
	"success": true
}

To partially answer my own question: in the QNAP start/stop script there was this:

QPKG_ROOT=/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/RClone
cd $QPKG_ROOT
rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-addr=0.0.0.0:5572 --rc-user qnap --rc-pass qnap --rc-web-gui-update &

This lead rclone to start with the installation folder (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/RClone) as the root folder for a local remote.

I changed the startup script to this:

cd /share
$QPKG_ROOT/rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-addr=0.0.0.0:5572 --rc-user qnap --rc-pass qnap --rc-web-gui-update &

And now I can at least use the file browser to navigate to the disks in /share. It's not very elegant and I would like to prefer to set this with a configuration parameter somewhere so I can keep using the QNAP package on my devices (multiple of them) rather than having to patch it manually after each upgrade.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.