Rclone ram usage [ --vfs-read-ahead ?]

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

i dont have ram for rclone.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.59.2

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.19043.2130 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
Paste command here
``` rclone mount dd212cryptnodata: C:\Users\tt\Desktop\dd212 --cache-dir=d:\temp --buffer-size=8m --progress --vfs-cache-mode=full --multi-thread-streams 30 --drive-chunk-size 8M --low-level-retries 2 --retries 2 --max-backlog 20000 --log-level INFO --stats 1m --crypt-no-data-encryption ```

"hello guys,
i spend more then 2 days with that problem. problem is i dont have ram for rclone. let me explane more.
i mount dropbox virtual disk after that i drag and drop files. when i shut down other programs rclone transfer speed going to 900 mbit but when rclone runing with other programs rclone transfer speed down to 150 mbit.

i try use --vfs-read-ahead 32M but rclone still need some ram. how can i solve this status? i cant upgrade my ram can i put all traffic on the hard drive with this command ?

When the rclone transfer rate slows down, the total amount of free ram is about 10gb

When rclone speeds up, the total amount of free ram is about 245gb

thank you so much!"

hi,
have you tried to run a simpler command?
rclone mount dd212cryptnodata: C:\Users\tt\Desktop\dd212 --cache-dir=d:\temp --progress --vfs-cache-mode=full --log-level INFO --stats 1m --crypt-no-data-encryption

and might need to use --log-level DEBUG, looks for errors, pacer messages

please post the redacted config
rclone config show dd212cryptnodata:
and also post that output of the wrappted remote, what does dd212cryptnodata point to?

hello, thank you for help, ofcourse i already try tons of mount strategy. right now when i closed other programs rclone going really faster. [closed program first after that i mount again and send files again.]

[dd212cryptnodata]
type = crypt
remote = dd212forcopy:w
directory_name_encryption = false
password = *** ENCRYPTED ***

i did not try log level DEBUG but i am pretty sure about ram. :frowning:

can you post redacted output for
rclone config show dd212forcopy:

and at least top 20 lines of a debug log.

well, how much memory does your machine have?
how much is free before running rclone?

[dd212forcopy]
type = dropbox
token = {"access_token":"sl.xxxxxxxx

C:\Users\tt\Desktop\rclone-v1.59.2-windows-amd64>redacted
'redacted' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

i have 256 gb ddr4 ram.
before rclone i have around 10 gb free ram.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.