Rclone Proxmox Permissions

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

No problem just need advice if any other users have a similar setup.

I have rclone mounted to the proxmox host and mergerfs to merge with my 8tb HDD when i pass these to the containers with 777 permissions things work fine but they show up as nobody:nogroup, previously i used to set user:group to 101000:101000 and this would and does show up as user:group 1000:1000 in the container but rclone will not mount if i set user group to 101000, i presume fusermount has an issue with the non existing user but im not sure although i used to do exactly this on a basic ubuntu server with no issues, maybe fuse is and older version on proxmox than ubuntu.... im just looking for anyone else that does this for any advice, i will post at proxmox forum also. No logs as to why it wont mount as user 101000.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

I cant run the command but i downloaded the latest and manually placed it in the correct location yesterday so... its the latest.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

Thanks i know this isnt really and issue as rclone is working fine but some users here may be doing the same thing as me.

Mant thaks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.