Rclone + Plex + Google Drive config for low end system

So I'm an Rclone noob, I've just setup a Plex server which uses Google Drive for its library.
This setup is hosted on a Azure cloud Windows VM, the setup has 4GB RAM, an Intel Xeon e5 2673 v4 processor, and a Gigabit connection (very low end system).

So after setting it up I'm finding the streaming speed very slow (about 1-3 mbps). Now I was expecting it to be slow, but not this slow.

Is there anything I can do to increase the speeds?

Rclone mount config:

rclone mount --allow-other --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 64M --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off pd1: G: --vfs-cache-mode writes

hello,
when you posted you were asked for some information, can you please supply it.

does nothing on windows, you can remove it.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.52.2

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount --allow-other --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 64M --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off pd1: G: --vfs-cache-mode writes

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

you can search the forum, there are many post like yours.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.