Rclone & OneDrive: Enter the response uri?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm trying to set up onedrive in Linux Mint Mate 19.3. Every thing looks as expected until it gets to this section:

george@george-HP-G50-Notebook-PC:~$ onedrive
Authorize this app visiting:

Link to microsoftonline

Enter the response uri:

I entered the address that the above link went too, appears bad, I'm not sure what to do here?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.54.0-beta.4788.d8239e019

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.2

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Linux Mint Mate 19.3 64bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

OneDrive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone config

#### The rclone config contents with secrets removed.  
<!--  You should use 3 backticks to begin and end your paste to make it readable.   -->

george@george-HP-G50-Notebook-PC:~$ onedrive
Authorize this app visiting:

Link to microsoftonline

Enter the response uri: Link to following:
onedrive.OneDriveException@src/onedrive.d(403): HTTP request returned status code 400 (Bad Request)
{
"correlation_id": "67f26648-7269-4b4b-88dd-b32ff93b30ea",
"error": "invalid_grant",
"error_codes": [
],
"error_description": "AADSTS70000: The provided value for the 'code' parameter is not valid.\r\nTrace ID: 5def849f-995f-4b13-899d-4e22b7aa2b00\r\nCorrelation ID: 67f26648-7269-4b4b-88dd-b32ff93b30ea\r\nTimestamp: 2020-09-26 20:13:13Z",
"error_uri": Link to: .microsoftonline.com/error?code=70000",
"timestamp": "2020-09-26 20:13:13Z",
"trace_id": "5def849f-995f-4b13-899d-4e22b7aa2b00"
}

0x55be7517fa9c ???
???:0
0x55be751f5d22 ???
0x55be7517e96b ???
0x55be7517e7ff ???
0x55be7517d136 ???
0x55be7517ce7f ???
0x55be7517a7a7 ???
0x55be752ce8be ???
0x55be752cea2e ???
0x55be752cedea ???
0x55be752cea2e ???
0x55be752cebc0 ???
0x55be75179ea3 ???
0x7f4d14f3ab96 __libc_start_main
0x55be75171c99 ???
0xffffffffffffffff ???
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
george@george-HP-G50-Notebook-PC:~$

#### A log from the command with the `-vv` flag  
<!-- You should use 3 backticks to begin and end your paste to make it readable.  Or use a service such as https://pastebin.com or https://gist.github.com/   -->

No clue what to do here!

Is there a particular reason you are using the beta? Can you try with the stable?

The only reason is because apparently that's what was downloaded & installed when I did the install with the following commands

In Debian/Ubuntu based distributions use:

sudo apt install rclone

I followed the instructions in an online It's FOSS article, " How to Use Microsoft OneDrive in Linux With Rclone Open-Source Tool". How do I get the stable version? The version shown in the Linux Mint Software Manager is 1.36-3. Should I be using that one?

Thank you.

dowload it from here.
https://rclone.org/downloads/

Excellent, thank you very much! However, couple of other questions if you don't mind:

• Would it be better to first download the Linux Rclone file I want to the computer or will the first installation instruction as shown on Rclone Download page just go there, down load the file and then install it?

• If I need to download the file first do I just leave it in Download folder on the computer or move it somewhere else and if so where would that be?

• Should I uninstall the "beta" first or will the new download install over the the "beta"?

Obviously I don't do this kind of stuff very often so any questions or advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated. So my thanks to both you and to Animosity022. :pray:t2:

as i never use beta software, i was not sure how to answer your question, so i did a test.

i used the script to install the beta
curl https://rclone.org/install.sh | sudo bash -s beta

then i ran the script to install the stable
curl https://rclone.org/install.sh | sudo bash

whichever script you run, it removes the current rclone and install a new copy.

I didn't use either one of those, didn't know anything about them. I used:

sudo apt install rclone

That's from an It's Foss internet article, "How to Use Microsoft OneDrive in Linux With Rclone Open-Source Tool" that found and followed. It is a legitimate script because I've used it before to install other programs in Linux but apparently here it defaults to the beta version. I wii give the stable version a try asap. Thanks again for all of your help!

that Foss is just another of many lame articles about rclone.

the fact that he suggests sudo apt install rclone makes it clear he does not know what he is writing about, at least about rclone.

Yes,moved it from Wikipedia page.

hi there,

not sure exactly what mean?

The Its FOSS article was referenced on the rclone wikipedia page with that advice. Now it is not.

1 Like

excellent, thanks

1 Like

Just fyi, but here's an interesting twist! As noted earlier, rclone version indicates the installed version is v1.54.0-beta. However the attached screenshot shows Linux thinks its the older 1.36-3 version, the one that would been downloaded from Linux Software Manager! I suppose that by using the install command in the It's Foss article:

sudo apt install rclone

that it just defaults to what ever version is available in one of the multitude of Linux software sources. I'm not sure what if anything that might mean, in any case I will be installing a new version as we discussed.

Rclone 1.36 Version

Thanks

You shouldn't use the package manager to install rclone as they are not maintained by rclone and all dependent on whoever created the package to maintain it.

You want to use https://rclone.org/install/ and always grab from there.

Appears I've got rclone & onedrive set up and working as expected so my thanks to all helped, it's greatly appreciated! :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.