Rclone on 2 PC's

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Installed on 2 pc's.
One pc is plex, one pc has sonarr/radarr on it
When sonarr/radar has finished copying a new file to rclone, Plex cannot see it for a long time however if i stop and restart rclone it sees it straight away. (Don't think transfers 1 is doing anything was there for a trial)

IS there anyway to make RClone check for files live?
I have rclone setup individually with their own GDrive credentials

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

10 Pro x64

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

GDrive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

c:\rclone\rclone.exe mount --vfs-cache-mode writes --allow-non-empty --allow-other GDrive: X: --config "C:\rClone\rclone.conf" --buffer-size 0m --stats 10s --cache-chunk-clean-interval 15m -v --transfers 1

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

N/a

rclone polls Google drive every minute for changes.

What's your rclone.conf look like without keys/passwords?

Okay thank you
Conf file - any improvements i should make?

[GDrive]
type = drive
client_id =****
client_secret = ***
scope = drive
token = ***

That looks fine as you should see an upload on another machine in no more than one minute after it's uploaded.

I wanted to make sure you weren't using the cache backend, which you are not.

You are correct as that does nothing on a mount.

That's for the cache backend and not needed since you aren't using it.

This one is a bad one as it allows for over mounting and hiding things, which may or may not be your issue. I'd definitely remove that.

As animosity says, on a mount any changes on the drive should be caught by the polling interval (1min by default). This is typically fast enough for most uses but it can be changed to a lower value at the cost of some extra API calls.

The other value that affects this is

--dir-cache-time duration  
(default 5min)

But this is what cloud-drives that don't support polling rely on (and google drives do support polling), so it should not be necessary to rely on or set lower. If anything you generally want to make this value higher when you can rely on polling because it helps cache to make the drive feel snappier. I think both me and Animosity basically set it to infinitely long for this reason. Polling changes is generally far more efficient than re-listing directories every time you access them.

So just to be sure, both sides use the same configuration as you shared here? It would be the computer that needs to detect the changes (the plex one I guess?) that is the most relevant for this discussion.

I don't know if maybe Plex also has some set interval between checking for changes also. If this is a larger interval it might explain it (and may be configurable). Just because the drive knows of the file doesn't necessarily mean Plex automatically does, not unless you are talking about browsing for the file manually within Plex.

It would help if you can test if you can manually see the file on the mounted drive (not via plex). Wait until your test file completes and then it should be visible to you maximum 1 minute later on the other computers mount. Let's try to reduce the problem down to the most basic by removing Plex from the equation so you can cut the problem size in two and figure out where to focus your troubleshooting.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.