Rclone Not Resuming Partial File Transfers

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

When rclone does partial file transfers, when the download continues these partial files are skipped rather than redownloaded. Is there a flag I'm missing?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Libreelec - Raspberry Pi 4

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

FTP

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

~/bin/rclone -vv sync ftp:'folder' 'localfolder' -P --transfers 1 --log-file /storage/rclone.log

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

https://pastebin.com/20NEJi0K

hello,
not sure we can call this a bug yet?

can you give an example of this bug?

Sorry, if I put in in the wrong category.

In my log file, at line 66, it says 2020/04/17 00:00:22 DEBUG :Folder/File - 6.mkv: Sizes differ (src 3517475369 vs dst 3470953932) so the file isn't fully copied.

I expected it to start with that file again but Rclone started with the next file in the folder instead (line 83 - 2020/04/17 00:00:22 DEBUG : Folder/File - 13.mkv: Starting multi-thread copy with 3 parts of size 275.562M

in the logs, there is a huge amount of problems connecting to that ftp server.

1 Like

I'm using my Synology's dynamic ddns address to access it through FTP. Would use the IP Address of the router it's connected to work better?

no, i do not think so, as either way rclone will get the ip address.

1 Like

Okay. Do you have any ideas of how I could improve my connection to the FTP server?

i would use another ftp client to download, and see what happens
and i would try on a desktop and see what happens.
maybe it a pi problem, maybe pi cannot handle rclone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.