Rclone mount with infinity cache

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have some big backend. I look for a solution to mount this backend to my local system, but I want that files that I use (read or write) will be cache forever in my disk even between computer restart.
In the documentation the --vfs-cache-* option is exactly what I am looking for expect that the cache is relevant only until rclone is restart.
I think that maybe it can be solved with hibernate the computer instead of shutdown but it is very inconvenient. (Also not sure it will work because network will be interrupt. did not try it yet, hope for a better solution).

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive and Mege.nz. Maybe also s3 in the future.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount

hello and welcome to the forum,

--vfs-cache-max-age=9999y
the files will stay in the cache for 9999 years. that should be close enough to infinity.
and might set --vfs-cache-poll-interval to a large value as compared to default value.

that will not solve your issue. files are purged from the cache based on time duration.
the good news is hibernation will not damage files already existing in the cache.

that does not affect files already in the cache.

If I use 9999 years the local cache will not deleted even on computer restart?

that is correct.

might want to set --vfs-cache-max-size so as not run out of free space.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.