Rclone mount + plex help

Yea their reply wasnt too helpful I asked for more help, will update. Thank you for taking your time to help me.

Well so far they have been completely unhelpful to such a degree Im just going to switch providers. All over their site they have

"If you have any configuration problems, please open a ticket and we will help you with it."
"If you have any problems please contact support, we can configure it for you."

Then support ticket:

We don't offer any configuration support as it is up to you.
Best Regards,
SeedHost.eu Support Team

I can SFTP onto the the seedbox and can see my whole mounted google drive and access all the files, plex refuses to read it :frowning:

That stinks. That would lead me to believe Plex is running as a different user.

That's also some great Catch-22 support.

Maybe this info could be relevant
When setting up Plex I had to set up ssh tunnel with the plexport following their guide
https://www.seedhost.eu/whmcs/knowledgebase/232/Plex-configuration-on-shared-seedboxes.html

Maybe some configs have to be done while I am tunneled? Sorry if this is way off base its the only thing I could think of that might have some bearing.

I posted this on the Plex forums as well for some more input.

If you want to list out everything, that might shed some light too.

ps -ef

and just paste it all in or paste it into pastebin or something.

https://pastebin.com/Gcjf52aQ

The plot thickens as that shows no dockers or anything else going on.

When you got a "Plex local URL" from your setup, are the "Plex URL" host and your seedbox we are running things on the same name/box?

Based on that article, you had to ssh into it and setup Plex which means something has to be running on what ever Plex URL seedbox you ssh'ed into.

For me, Plex runs on the default 32400.

felix@gemini:~$ netstat -an | grep 32400 | grep LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:32400           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

So I can see it listening.

I can also run lsof and see what process is holding that port:

felix@gemini:~$ lsof -i tcp:32400
COMMAND    PID  USER   FD   TYPE   DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
Plex\x20M  873 felix   60u  IPv4    33138      0t0  TCP *:32400 (LISTEN)

It has a number of processing, but the LISTEN one is the main one.

This is what is shows under my plex settings on the seedbox site:

Plex URL:http://gold.seedhost.eu:30623/web

Plex Local URL:127.0.0.1:30623/web

I believe it is the same box, gold.seedhost.eu is all ive used to connect.

I ran the commands:

dank@gold:~$ netstat -an | grep 30623 | grep LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 :::30623 :::* LISTEN

dank@gold:~$ lsof -i tcp:30623

^^this one returns nothing

Also I remembered when I was installing Plex (1 button click on their site manager) and then doing the ssh part this command:

ssh user@server.seedhost.eu -L plexport:localhost:plexport

was giving me errors that the port was already in use, I had to uninstall+reinstall so it would give me a different port on my plex url and eventually the command worked. Not sure if this is relevant either just thought id mention.

Figured I would update with what happened, I tried to be as detailed and clear as possible with seedhost support and i got this message:

It has nothing to do with docker and there is no need to configure or fix anything because there is no any issue. When you mount something with rclone and after a Plex restart it must be visible there.

I had to step away after that and relax...clarified the issue again and 24 hours later i get:

Please mount something now and it should be OK

No clue what they did but I remounted, restarted Plex and it can finally read the drive. When i do ps -ef it shows those plex services you expected to see running under my user now.

Thank you again for taking your time to help! I love how your name is Animosity yet you are 100x more pleasant than my paid for support lol :smiley:

That does make sense as I'm sure they had to fix whatever the issue was as you weren't seeing it run and now you are.

Happy you got it solved!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.