Rclone Mount NAS Plex

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

none. Just trying to figure out the best way to mount a NAS Drive

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

45 Drives NAS with Ubuntu 22 OS

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

I am trying to figure out the best way to mount a 45 NAS with ubuntu 22. I have created a NFS Share drive. What rclone flags do I need?

hi,
just trying to understand what you need rclone for?

so you plan to run rclone, plex on that single nas with 45 drives?
and store the videos on the same nas?

recently, rclone added support for smb/samba

Sorry for not being clear. I am using this GitHub - Cloudbox/Cloudbox: Ansible-based solution for rapidly deploying a Docker containerized cloud media server.. I have a NUC w/ ubuntu and a plex server. I have 45 Drive nas with ubuntu 22 on it. I was told to just to Mount the NAS over the network via sftp/nfs/whatever on the NUC through rclone?

Thank for your help!

most users would connect to plex using it web server, to stream media

what is the purpose of the mount, and what is accessing that mount, windows, linux, android or what?

https://github.com/Cloudbox/Cloudbox/wiki/Install%3A-Rclone
as per that wiki, rclone is used to access cloud providers, such as google drive.
which cloud provider are you using?

I am replacing google drive with a NAS. Hence the rclone sftp part

you have files in gdrive and want to transfer them to your local nas?

sorry, still trying to understand what you need rclone for.

No problem. Here is a little more info.

But if youre just looking to use the NAS as storage, you could mount it via sftp/nfs instead of google drive in rclone then cloudbox will just work "as is" though the mount will behave slightly differently.

And thank you for you help!!

i read that as two different things to choose from
mount it via sftp/nfs
or
google drive in rclone

if you want to use that nas as storage, linux already has great support for sftp/nfs/smb/etc..

where does gdrive fit into all that?

I saw this

While the typical use case for Saltbox includes cloud storage, nothing prevents using it without cloud storage.

If, in settings.yml, you leave the rclone remote name blank, neither cloudplow nor the rclone_vfs mount will be configured. Your media will be imported to /mnt/local and stay there. You can mount whatever storage you wish to use at /mnt/local.

Alternatively, you can configure an rclone remote pointing at your primary storage [named "google"], then install normally. Everything would then work as it typically does, except that cloudplow would move media from the local system to your NAS or whatever. Perhaps that would allow downloads and imports to go faster.```

if you want to use gdrive with rclone, need to create and test a remote.
did you follow the steps at https://github.com/Cloudbox/Cloudbox/wiki/Install%3A-Rclone

sorry for the confusion. I already have google drive working. I am trying to move over to a NAS instead of google drive

this is the solution?

Alternatively, you can configure an rclone remote pointing at your primary storage [named "google"], then install normally. Everything would then work as it typically does, except that cloudplow would move media from the local system to your NAS or whatever. Perhaps that would allow downloads and imports to go faster.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.