Rclone Mount is very intermittent at reflecting changes of files and folders within a Plex docker container

I’m running Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, Plex - docker, Rclone VFS mount. I’ve mounted my team drive gdrives and have mapped them inside of the Plex container so they are visible. I have 4 Team Drive mounts, the other 3 seem fine. There’s no difference in configuration between them as far as I can tell.

The issue I’m having is if I try to change a file/folder from outside of the Plex docker container, those changes don’t appear inside the Plex container. The problem is just with 1 of my mounts. Other mounts are fine. It works fine in reverse - I can make changes within the Plex container and those changes are reflected outside. If I restart the Plex container, I have no problems for a couple of days until the problem starts again.

This my mount:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount
–rc
–log-file ${LOGS}/rclone.log
–log-level INFO
–umask 022
–allow-non-empty
–allow-other
–fuse-flag sync_read
–tpslimit 8
–tpslimit-burst 10
–dir-cache-time=160h
–buffer-size=100M
–vfs-read-chunk-size=2M
–vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2G
–vfs-cache-max-age=5m
–vfs-cache-mode=writes
–rc-addr=localhost:5574
–cache-dir ${UPLOADS}
–config ${RCLONEHOME}/rclone.conf
rclonetv: ${MOUNTTO}

Should I post some logs and which kind? I really hope to get this sorted, I really don’t know what to do…

allow-non-empty is a bad setting as it allows you to overmount things and mess things up. I wouldn’t use it.
fuse-flag sync_read doesn’t do anything unless you are compiling your own version of rclone.

You could turn the logs up to debug and post them here, but your issue seems more likely to be something in your container setup that isn’t going right. We can help to rule out the rclone side of things though.

vfs-read-chunk-size=2M is really low. Is there a reason you set it down to 2M? That would generate quite the API hits as the default is 128M.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I’m still learning how rclone works, so my config probably doesn’t make much sense.

I’ve made the changes you suggested. It’s going fine now, as to be expected. But it will take a few days until it the problem happens again so I’ll see what happens. I’ve enabled debug, the log will grow large but I should have enough space.

I just have no idea where to start with this problem. It crept on me. My setup had been going fine for several months. I’ve been making small changes over the months to my setup. This problem may have been going on for weeks but I’m finally noticing and isolating the problem now.

It’s weird that it seems to happen to just 1 of my rclone mounts…

Changes are normally picked up via 1 minute polling.

What version are you using as well?

Running rclone v1.46.

I’ve captured a debug log.

At 20:01:05 I ran the command ls inside the docker container for folder ‘12 Monkeys’. Then at 20:02:04, I entered ls outside the docker container for the same folder. The folder outside of the docker container and on gdrive has Season 01, Season 02, Season 03, Season 04, New Folder and Test. The folder inside of the docker container doesn’t have the folder New Folder.

The first ls shows it found 5 items in the folder.
2019/04/17 20:01:05 DEBUG : Media/TV/12 Monkeys/: >ReadDirAll: item=5, err=

The second ls says it found 6 items in the folder.
2019/04/17 20:02:04 DEBUG : Media/TV/12 Monkeys/: >ReadDirAll: item=6, err=

I mean… What is going on? :cry:

As @Animosity022 said, changes are only picked up every minute, so waiting a minute caused the change to appear. You can see the changes appearing in the log but I don’t think your debug log captured it.

So it looks like it appeared here.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I made those changes like an hour earlier. The rclone mount shown inside the docker container doesn’t show the same amount of items as what’s listed outside the container. Even an hour later, the rclone mount shown inside the docker container still hasn’t updated to reflect what’s outside the container. It still says there’s only 5 items in that folder, even though I know there’s 6 as evident by the ls outside the container. I have other rclone mounts binded inside that container and they appear to be fine. I have other folders binded inside the docker container and they update just fine.

Sorry it’s quite hard to explain what’s happening.

What’s also weird is I have the rclone mount binded at /data/TV, but I also have the same rclone mount binded at /mnt/rclonetv/Media/TV/. That binded mount updates fine. So for some reason /data/TV/ stops updating after about a day.

What rclone version are you using?

I’m don’t use dockers or containers so not quite sure I’m completely following.

When you say outside the container, I’m not sure what that means.

If you can replicate it by copying a file to your remote, we should see it in 1 minute via polling in the debug logs.

What’s your rclone.conf look like for that remote as well without the keys/passwords?

Well the problem happened again. I think it's a docker problem.. I think, I don't know wtf I'm doing.

I've posted the logs. I can't post anymore useful logs than that from rclone.

What's your docker mount config?

We'd love to help out but you haven't shared much more of what was asked to help figure the problem out.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.