Rclone -ls remote:folder1 doesn't show any files

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am trying to use rclone to sync google drive folder "my-nas:my-inbox" (remote is my-nas and the folder is my-inbox) to local folder "/mydata/my-inbox". Nothing was happening and no errors reported. So out of curiosity I ran the command:

rclone ls my-nas:
It shows:
/my-inbox
/my-sync

Then I ran the command:
rclone ls my-nas:my-sync
It shows all the files properly

Later I ran the command
rclone ls my-nas:my-inbox
Nothing shows up!

I rechecked the google drive folder online from drive.google.com and all the files exist. None of them show up and so I am unable to sync the remote folder "my-nas:my-inbox" to local folder "/my-data/my-inbox". (Notice that the sync is from remote to local)
I even created a log file but the log file is just empty, indicating that there are no errors. So this must have something to do with the contents of the folder "my-nas:my-inbox" not readable to rclone

I also confirm that I am successfully able to sync with no issues between the local folder "/my-data/my-sync" and remote "my-nas:my-sync", everyday many times
(Notice that the sync is from local to remote)

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.3
- os/arch: linux/arm
- go version: go1.15.5

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Distributor ID: Raspbian
Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release: 10
Codename: buster

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

`rclone ls my-nas:my-inbox`

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[my-nas]
type = drive
client_id = removed
client_secret = removed
scope = drive.file
root_folder_id = removed
token = removed

A log from the command with the -vv flag

`rclone lsf pi-home-nas:drive2pi -vv`
2021/02/01 06:48:39 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.53.3" starting with parameters ["rclone" "lsf" "pi-home-nas:drive2pi" "-vv"]
2021/02/01 06:48:39 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/pi/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2021/02/01 06:48:39 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "pi-home-nas:drive2pi"
2021/02/01 06:48:46 DEBUG : 4 go routines active

What's the output of:

rclone lsd pi-home-nas: -vv

Hi, Thanks for your response. Here is the output:

rclone lsd pi-home-nas: -vv
2021/02/01 11:27:13 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.53.3" starting with parameters ["rclone" "lsd" "pi-home-nas:" "-vv"]
2021/02/01 11:27:13 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/pi/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2021/02/01 11:27:13 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "pi-home-nas:"
-1 2021-02-01 05:21:00 -1 drive2pi
-1 2021-01-17 14:30:09 -1 pi-sync
2021/02/01 11:27:19 DEBUG : 4 go routines active

(P.S. I hope you understood that I have used simple names in my question for the sake of simplicity:
my-nas=pi-home-nas,
my-inbox=drive2pi,
my-sync=pi-sync)

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you not sharing the actual output ?

So what does a rclone ls of that folder show?

rclone ls -vv pi-home-nas:drive2pi

$ rclone ls -vv pi-home-nas:drive2pi
2021/02/01 11:40:35 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.53.3" starting with parameters ["rclone" "ls" "-vv" "pi-home-nas:drive2pi"]
2021/02/01 11:40:35 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/pi/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2021/02/01 11:40:35 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "pi-home-nas:drive2pi"
2021/02/01 11:40:41 DEBUG : 4 go routines active

This is actual output. No Changes. Sorry for the confusion. The question has names changed. Not the output

It appears that rclone is not able read any files not created by it. I mean it can read back all the files that it copied from local folder to remote folder. But if I add any file in the remote folder and try to list files, they don't appear. I tried many combinations and this looks to be the behavior with no exception.

hi,

the scope in the config file limits what files rclone can see
https://rclone.org/drive/#drive-file

Thanks a lot for the guidance. I modified the remote and granted new token and it can read now! Thank you.

good news......

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.