Rclone ls command fails on a directory that contains at least one invalid drive shortcut

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Shortly after posting this thread about a feature request Is there a way to automatically remove invalid google drive shortcuts? .
I also found out that rclone ls command will fail completely on a folder that contains at least one broken shortcut. It will stop after receiving the first "Failed to ls: list: failed to resolve shortcut: googleapi: Error 404: File not found: " error. If I try to open that folder in the mount it will look empty.

After manually deleting all broken shortcuts from the web interface (marked in grey there, with a remove shortcut link next to them) everything is back to normal

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.52.2-192-g8d5bc7f2-beta

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.14.4

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone ls cryptdrive:folder/folder-with-broken-shortcuts-in-it -vv
rclone ls cryptdrive:folder/folder-with-broken-shortcuts-in-it -vv
DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.52.2-192-g8d5bc7f2-beta" starting with parameters ["rclone" "ls" "cryptdrive:folder/folder-with-broken-shortcuts-in-it" "-vv"]
DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/qnorsten/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
DEBUG : 6 go routines active
33 Failed to ls: list: failed to resolve shortcut: googleapi: Error 404: File not found: 12lwZaVnKfZYmCblDDiKoATsI-NuZU4Ye., notFound

Can you give this a go

v1.52.2-194-ge6fdc3a9-fix-drive-dangling-shortcut-beta on branch fix-drive-dangling-shortcut (uploaded in 15-30 mins)

That should fix the problem

1 Like

Yeeep! All day long trying to solve this problem.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yeahh !!. it is working fine with the very new Beta version.

Before this one I was fully blocked in the "sync" process.

Thanks for that !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.